Corsair Community

CUE 2.24.35 Adverse Macros and Lighting Behavior

• Corsair Employee

Some of you have reported adverse macro and lighting behavior with CUE version 2.24.35 recently. We are aware of this issue, and working on a resolution that will be part of a later release. This will take some time to implement, test, and release. In the meantime, we have version 2.23.40 available below.

http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/CUE/CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.23.40_release.msi

If you are not experiencing any adverse behavior, we recommend continuing with version 2.24.35. We appreciate your patience and support, and will provide a release once available.

• Like 1

ok now this is wierd......I click on the link you provided....and instead of the link opening up on another tab, or opening the link on the same page......the web browser kind of "blinks" like it's going to go to the page.....but it goes back to the same page of your first post...right here.

I'm having light issues. As in my profile selector, brightness button, and the win lock button, sometimes work and sometimes not.

Now I'm hoping other people will chime in here, but here's what happened to me. I'll put it in point form, so I don't bore anyone;

1. Last weekend I decide to pull the trigger on a nice spanking new high-end mech keyboard. The K95 RGB Platinum !!!

2. Not 2 days in, I notice some light issues, as well as some profile list problems [as in when I click on an onboard file folder...looks like a sd card....to mod the profile, I can't bring up any of the drop down menus for light effect, macro, and "save to" tabs....nothing.

3. Also noticed that my 3 keyboard upper left buttons for the profile selector, brightness, and win lock, are intermittent at best

4. I tried soft resets to restore the default profile folders

5. Tried deleting and reinstalling CUE more than a few times

6. Once I realized this was not working, I contacted Corsair tech supp online to register a ticket.. They were really fast at responding with a reply and asked me for particulars and they would get back to me asap

7. Within 10 minutes they responded with instructions on how to do a hard reset AND emailed me a firmware file to do during the hard reset with easy to follow instructions

8. The file they sent didn't work. So they suggested it could be a hardware defect and to return and exchange the board to my local comp store.

9. Before I hooked up the board, I uninstalled CUE, deleted the AppData file from my c drive, then proceeded to install the board.

10. Much to my dismay, this board was not behaving as it should. Profile folder drop downs were there, but the 3 board buttons I listed above was also behaving the same way...intermittent.

11. THIS NEXT FACT LIST IS VERY IMPORTANT SO CHECK THIS OUT GUYS....The store I originally bought the board from did not have another one [cherry mx speed keys], so they directed me to their other store in the west end of where I live. So that's what I did.

12. Here's where it gets interesting....I noticed similar issues with this replacement board as well...BOTH boards were unopened boxes.....BUT .....the lot numbers of BOTH boards were identical ! ! !

13. I was thinking about this and decided to give it a check and look at the ticket that I initiated with Corsair with the first board...and the lot #'s MATCHED like a lottery ticket ! ! ! !

14. Lot # CH-9127014-NA

I'm certainly not pointing fingers or trying to cause trouble, in FACT, I want to give a BIG thumbs up to Corsair for helping me out with my issue...So I'm wondering here gang, and it might be a long shot, but how about anyone else that has a K95 with similar issues as mine with your board, to check the lot numbers on your board. The lot number is found underneath the board on the label following the "PN" initials.

Since I'm up here in Canada, if anyone else having the same issue, but your lot #'s are different, then it's safe to assume it's a software issue and highly unlikely it's "hardware" related.

Let's try and help these guys out here and give them some information about what we're experiencing. Maybe this will translate into a faster solution to this problem....Way I look at it, it's win-win for everyone.

BTW I'm new to the Corsair forums here, as you can see, so I'm just trying to contribute. Thanks for reading.

Mike

ok now this is wierd......I click on the link you provided....and instead of the link opening up on another tab, or opening the link on the same page......the web browser kind of "blinks" like it's going to go to the page.....but it goes back to the same page of your first post...right here.

Mike

That link is likely downloading on the bottom left of your browser. Hit Ctrl and the J key to go to your downloads page if you are using chrome. I think that works in firefox/nightly and possibly IE/edge also. I have not tried the newest beta build, but I think it is just downloading straight away for you as it did for me.

That link is likely downloading on the bottom left of your browser. Hit Ctrl and the J key to go to your downloads page if you are using chrome. I think that works in firefox/nightly and possibly IE/edge also. I have not tried the newest beta build, but I think it is just downloading straight away for you as it did for me.

Hi hastegag, yep....that's exACTLY what was going on ;p

I'm using IE edge, and I didn't notice the small tab at the bottom that says "open", "save", or "go to folder"

What a noob I am sometimes :/ , even though I've been around computers and such, for years lol

Some of you have reported adverse macro and lighting behavior with CUE version 2.24.35 recently. We are aware of this issue, and working on a resolution that will be part of a later release. This will take some time to implement, test, and release. In the meantime, we have version 2.23.40 available below.

http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/CUE/CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.23.40_release.msi

If you are not experiencing any adverse behavior, we recommend continuing with version 2.24.35. We appreciate your patience and support, and will provide a release once available.

Macros sort of stopped working a while after boot with this version, strange... Installed the older version you posted and now it works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

[GERMAN]

Hallo,

Ich habe etwas bemerkt nämlich das meine Tastatur ein paar LEDs falsch anzeigt (die Farben) z.b habe ich alles auf meiner Tastatur mithilfe des Utility Engine auf die Farbe Weiß gestellt jedoch werden mir einige andere Farben angezeigt ( siehe Foto). Kann man etwas dagegen machen oder muss ich die Tastatur umtauschen ?

Mfg. Toxicon

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on this please? I see that there is now a version 2.24.50, but can't find any release notes stating whether or not it addresses this issue.

Thanks very much!

• 1 month later...

12. Here's where it gets interesting....I noticed similar issues with this replacement board as well...BOTH boards were unopened boxes.....BUT .....the lot numbers of BOTH boards were identical ! ! !

13. I was thinking about this and decided to give it a check and look at the ticket that I initiated with Corsair with the first board...and the lot #'s MATCHED like a lottery ticket ! ! ! !

14. Lot # CH-9127014-NA

I'm certainly not pointing fingers or trying to cause trouble, in FACT, I want to give a BIG thumbs up to Corsair for helping me out with my issue...So I'm wondering here gang, and it might be a long shot, but how about anyone else that has a K95 with similar issues as mine with your board, to check the lot numbers on your board. The lot number is found underneath the board on the label following the "PN" initials.

Late to this discussion, but just to be clear - as you draw attention to it above - the "Lot number" to which you refer is actually an internal Corsair "Product number" or "Part number". Hence the PN identifier next to it on the base of the board. CH-9127014-NA is the unique code for all Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Speed) keyboards with North America keyboard layout (the "-NA" suffix means "North America"). It is also often known as a SKU (stock keeping unit).

Given you were looking for a like-for-like replacement I would have been surprised if the PN were different. There is nothing suspect about identical "lot numbers". I guess the behaviour might be endemic to all models of this keyboard with the version of CUE you're using or be specific to your rig (eg, the specific make of USB controller and/or its configuration). Alternative way to put this point - if the symptoms you describe were limited to specific manufacturing batch you wouldn't be able to tell it from the CH-9127014-NA which all North American K95 RGB Platinums should have.

I hope in any case that the problem gets resolved for you. I too am keen to discover what the latest CUE software (2.24.50 updating 2.24.35) fixes. I would definitely try downgrading to an earlier version of CUE: personally I am still back on 2.20.72 as the least buggy release that works for me for my K70 RGB (MX Red). If it ain't broke...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) keyboard. So, here is my issue. In Dec 2017, some of the keys refused to switch to the configured (6-7 keys) colors. I contacted Corsair support and explained it to them with a few images of what exactly is happening. Just as they sent a reply with a firmware file attached to the support ticket, a new version of CUE was released which instantly fixed the problem without me flashing the firmware file. Recently, I got an update notification for the iCue 3.x.x. I updated to iCUE, and it all went downhill from there onwards. It broke my static color configuration, the same 6-7 keys malfunctioned again, my keyboad started to connect and disconnect every 5 seconds and it was getting annoying listening to the USB sounds. The only way to stop that was to quit the iCue software. Next problem, I shut down the PC and booted it up the next day for the first time after iCUE installation, and I had problems loading windows 10 pro past the BIOS screen. I switched the polling rate to BIOS mode (extreme left on my K70 keyboard). It booted up fine. Once in Windows, I switched the polling rate back to the default and the connect/disconnect issue returned until I quit iCue completely. I remembered Corsair's firmware file that they sent in Dec 2017. I thought it would be great to flash it (v2.05). Once I flashed it, the problem got even worse. Windows refused to boot up, no matter what the polling rate was selected. Now, everytime I reboot, I have to physically disconnect the keyboard till windows boots up. I reinstalled CUE 2.24.50 but the problem still exists. Corsair support hasn't responded to my ticket in 6 working days. Why would they anyway? My warranty expired 1.5 years back. iCUE broke my system so badly and it's quite sad and frustrating that Corsair doesn't provide older CUE software version on the main website!

I have lost all hope from Corsair. Hopefully someone here will be able to help me out.

Here is another user who had the issue fixed with a CUE software update. But rolling back to CUE from iCUE did not fix the issue for me.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=911644

Edited by jigar7

• 2 years later...

Why is this STILL an issue?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

3 years with this K95 Platinum keyboard now and Corsair STILL can't fix their own issue!!! What's the deal?? Let me guess, Manufacturer design flaw. Hence the inability to fix this issue. If the issue still hasn't been resolved with firmware update's you can then count on it never being resolved without hardware repairs. THIS WAS YOUR FLAGSHIP KEYBOARD, WTF?!?!

On a side note...Device manufacturers will 100% of the time refuse to accept responsibility for the design flaws of their hardware out of fear of losing too much money in returns AND/OR repairs. FACT!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also still dealing with this issue in 2021, I bought my K70 MK.2 in November. It seems about once a week (very hard to reliably reproduce not sure the exact cause) when I use the volume wheel, the whole keyboard freezes up and the volume is stuck endlessly decreasing (or increasing). Only thing that seems to fix it is unplugging and replugging the keyboard.

I've lost a lot of faith in Corsair over the last month, I recently bought into the corsair eco system of RGB and have had 3 LED strip failures in less than a month. Finding this issue unresolved since 2017 plus the high failure rate of their LEDs (which cost a small fortune) I can't help but feel corsair wont do anything to fix these issues so long as people keep getting suckered into buying their products because RGB.

For now I'm going to try a fix Gboy posted awhile ago and see if that does anything I'll report back in a couple weeks

"Google Chrome has a driver that takes control of our media keys, preventing them from being used with Desktop apps while Chrome is open. To fix this issue:

- Head to ‘Chrome://Flags

- Locate Hardware ‘Media Key Handling’

-From the drop down set to ‘Disable’

If this didn't help please do let us know."

EDIT: it took two weeks, but the keyboard froze again forcing my volume to full max, thank god I wasn't on the Hub. Disappointing.

Edited by DaddyUzi
added potential fix