Corsair Community

How much is Commander Pro's output power?

idwwwoqq808

I have a commander pro and I wonder if I can connect two fans to one 4-pin connector using splitter. The fans are Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000.

The fan connector #1,#2,#3 on it doesn't work now so that I doubt if it's caused by draining too much power and getting them burnt.

The CoPro is rated for up to 1.0A per port, 4.5A overall.

However, we've absolutely seen several issues with Noctua fans and the Commander Pro. I'm not sure what the root cause of the issue actually is but it's been noted several times.

i had similar problem with my copro last week, where the fan ports died. I was able change it out at retailer. even with new copro, I experienced the issues noted in other threads with the noctua 140 ippc 3000 and ek varder 140 evo fans compatibilities. now, only corsair branded fans are on it; the ones from the 600c case and h110i aio. the noctua and ek fans work dandy on the mobo headers. incidentally, the h110i was able the control the ek fan. I didn't try the noctua on it.

latest software and firmware loaded.

what I noticed was that

1. rpm was not reasonably 'steady/stable' except at 100%. within margin of error kind of thing. can be somewhat visual observation at lower rpm and by sound and feel to some extent.

2. fans would play dead intermittently. like one day not work but the next they go.

i had similar problem with my copro last week, where the fan ports died. I was able change it out at retailer. even with new copro, I experienced the issues noted in other threads with the noctua 140 ippc 3000 and ek varder 140 evo fans compatibilities. now, only corsair branded fans are on it; the ones from the 600c case and h110i aio. the noctua and ek fans work dandy on the mobo headers. incidentally, the h110i was able the control the ek fan. I didn't try the noctua on it.

latest software and firmware loaded.

what I noticed was that

1. rpm was not reasonably 'steady/stable' except at 100%. within margin of error kind of thing. can be somewhat visual observation at lower rpm and by sound and feel to some extent.

2. fans would play dead intermittently. like one day not work but the next they go.

I really hope they can figure out what causes all these problem. Now 4 of my fan connectors are permanently dead.

I connected 8 fans to my Commander Pro with splitters and now 4 ports are permanently dead. My fans are Noctua NF-F12 industrial PPC 3000. I just bought this controller one month ago and I can't imagine those ports die so quickly.

I'd like to know how many of you have encountered similar problems?

By the way, do you have any other recommendation for fan controllers?

Archived