Corsair Community

Issue with keys still activating after being unpressed

MeanBeans

Hey all, first time here. I bought the silver K70 with the blue LEDs probably around a year or so ago. Have had no issues, up until now, and the keyboard has been excellent. However, I started noticing about a week ago that it seems that whenever I let go of a key, the keyboard does not recognize the key being released for a second or so.

The best way I can explain this is exactly how I noticed it. I play CS:GO, and what usually happens is if I am hold down W, A, S, or D to move, occaisionally (about once or twice per match, roughly every 45-60 minutes), the key I let go still performs the action. So if I am running forward with W, and let it go, there are times when I continue to run forward for a second or so after I let go of the key. I have no idea what could be causing this, as it's only this keyboard that seems to be doing it. I have reinstalled the drivers after wiping the old ones with CCleaner, reinstalled firmware, made sure there were no other old keyboard drivers installed, and yet it still happens.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

it could be the key its self that broken since the w key is used a lot esp if your a gamer. Have you tried removing the key cap and cleaning the switch. Also it might be key chatter which is really difficult to fix so that would most likely end up being an RMA thing.

Yeah, I think it's just the movement keys as far as I can tell. I will try cleaing the switches as well just to eliminate that as a possible issue. Is there a way to test for key chatter to determine if that is or is not the issue?

So is that the general consensus then that the keyboard is experiencing chatter? I have not had a chance to test it using that program that was suggested, but everything has been cleaned, and I know I have never spilled anything on to the keyboard itself. Is chattering occurring typical? I have had the keyboard for about 18 months, so I am not sure if I am in the time frame of when this stuff starts to happen.

I have found a few programs that claim to partially eliminate chattering by negating a 2nd key click within a certain time frame (~50ms, or whatever you set it to). Has anyone had any experience with these and do they actually work decently?

Edit: I don't think I would be able to RMA this since it has been 18 months, but let me know if I am wrong.

So is that the general consensus then that the keyboard is experiencing chatter? I have not had a chance to test it using that program that was suggested, but everything has been cleaned, and I know I have never spilled anything on to the keyboard itself. Is chattering occurring typical? I have had the keyboard for about 18 months, so I am not sure if I am in the time frame of when this stuff starts to happen.

I have found a few programs that claim to partially eliminate chattering by negating a 2nd key click within a certain time frame (~50ms, or whatever you set it to). Has anyone had any experience with these and do they actually work decently?

Edit: I don't think I would be able to RMA this since it has been 18 months, but let me know if I am wrong.

I believe key chatter can occur at anything for no reason really.

And I wouldn't recommend such a program for anyone but your a gamer so it pretty much break your gaming experience. Because let's be honest ~50 ms is quite a large amount of time depending on what game your playing.

I would make a ticket anyways i think it might be 24 months not 18. Not 100% sure but if you inside the time frame then hey new keyboard for you lol.

Archived