Corsair Community

iCUE Disabling M65 buttons

Hey all, first time on the forum so let me know if anything's out of line.

Anyway, I just upgraded to iCUE (version 3.4.95) and whenever it's open, the side mouse buttons on my M65 RGB Pro seem to be completely disabled. Won't work in any application that I can find, and any macro binds refuse to work as well. I redownloaded the iCUE installer directly from Corsair's website, uninstalled, reinstalled, and repaired twice. No luck at any point. The buttons work perfectly as soon as I close iCUE. Any suggestions?

Can you clarify if it’s the forward/back standard side buttons or sniper button giving you trouble? Make sure your iCUE profiles do not have the side buttons reprogrammed to something else. Sometimes you get some extra unintended colors/commands in the profile conversion process.

I don't know. There are now several scattered reports of this. It's not universal and I am not sure what triggers it. I would try a reinstall first (if you haven 't already). You might want to consider making a copy of your current C: Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair/CUE folder and drag it to the desktop. When you uninstall, "delete settings". After reinstalling, see if the mouse functionality works before dropping your CUE folder back into the App Data location and restoring your profiles and settings.

• 2 weeks later...

Add me to the list. M65 Pro RGB...

Since the update/grade, the side buttons (not sniper button) will just stop doing anything at all.

Each time this has happened, I'll pop back out to windows and hover the mouse over the icue icon in the system tray. I don't click it, just hover over it. Within a second, the icon disappears. So, it's the whole icue app just dies for some reason.

If I fire icue back up, things seem to be okay.

windows 7 64 on this box

Each time this has happened, I'll pop back out to windows and hover the mouse over the icue icon in the system tray. I don't click it, just hover over it. Within a second, the icon disappears. So, it's the whole icue app just dies for some reason.

If I fire icue back up, things seem to be okay.

windows 7 64 on this box

OK ... the behavior that you are describing happens when iCue crashes. The icon in the Task Bar doesn't get cleaned up (because it crashed) and Windows automatically removes it when you hover over it (because it was from an app that's no longer there).

So I think it's safe to say that this is happening when iCue crashes.

What would be helpful is if we could get some crash dumps. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/wer/collecting-user-mode-dumps on how to set that up. Having them for iCue would be good to send to the dev team for investigation.

• 1 month later...

Hi! I've just updated the iCUE software to see if the mouse side button issues have been resolved and they haven't.

Same issues as previous posts:

iCUE Off - All buttons functional

iCUE On - No FWD / BWD side buttons

I'm not running any actions...

What's the point of having a mouse like this if you can't use one if its key selling points!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi! I've just updated the iCUE software to see if the mouse side button issues have been resolved and they haven't.

Same issues as previous posts:

iCUE Off - All buttons functional

iCUE On - No FWD / BWD side buttons

I'm not running any actions...

What's the point of having a mouse like this if you can't use one if its key selling points!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've had this happen occasionally but it seemed to have been resolved (for me) with the latest version. What I did previously, however, was to create an "Remap Mouse Button" action to and remapped to "Forward" and "Back". I then mapped these to the buttons. Crazy I know but it worked.

• 1 month later...
I've had this happen occasionally but it seemed to have been resolved (for me) with the latest version. What I did previously, however, was to create an "Remap Mouse Button" action to and remapped to "Forward" and "Back". I then mapped these to the buttons. Crazy I know but it worked.

Latest update didn't help, but remapping the keys to themselves did for some reason

• 4 weeks later...

Archived