Corsair Community

HD + SP + 460x case question

portroyal91

Hey everybody,

I have a corsair 460x case and I bought 3hd 120 fans to add inside.

I understand the hub/routing/commander pro/lightning node pretty well, just have a few basic questions.

Since I have half SP and half HD, I will be purchasing a commander pro to go along with it.

Is there anyway I can connect both the SP and HD to be controlled via the button on the top of my case?

Or since the fans are different, is there no way to sync the two together?

Is there anyway I can connect both the SP and HD to be controlled via the button on the top of my case?

No, the buttons on the top of your case hook to the SP push-button controller. This can only control SP-RGB fans.

Or since the fans are different, is there no way to sync the two together?

You would have to sync them via software (iCue) and profiles.

The entire point of getting a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro is to get rid of those manual lighting controllers. The software is a massive enhancement to lighting capabilities. You will not want the remote once you realize what you can do with it. Also, the remote and C-Pro plug into the same port on the RGB controller, so it most definitely is one or the other.

The entire point of getting a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro is to get rid of those manual lighting controllers. The software is a massive enhancement to lighting capabilities. You will not want the remote once you realize what you can do with it. Also, the remote and C-Pro plug into the same port on the RGB controller, so it most definitely is one or the other.

Okay, I didn’t know the commander pro eliminates the need for those. Does anybody have any pics or videos of a build with the sp and the HD?

Archived