Corsair Community

Memory Cooling

jameslecomte

Well, there is this: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/Dominator-Airflow-Platinum-RGB-Fan/p/CMDAF2. The lighting could be disabled, but you still need two for the two banks of RAM and that is a rather expensive solution for something you may not need. You also might be able to find the prior model on ebay or elsewhere that came with higher end Dominator kits. I had two sitting in boxes for years before finally this Summer putting in on a bank of 4 @3466-3733 1.37v. I am not sure it really made a difference and recently took it off.

I think the Asus language is of the standard disclaimer variety with no real assessment of individual environment. They need to cover their end for the one guy running with a single intake fan and box full of heavy hardware. It is likely with overhead fans in relatively close proximity, you don't need any other cooling on the modules at all. That may also depend on your voltage and usage scenarios. Design work?

• Corsair Employee
I plan on increasing my memory from 32GB (4 modules) to 64GB (8 modules) of Vengeance LPX DDR4. My motherboard {ASUS TUF Mark 1} manual recommends cooling the memory. Any suggestions? Preferably without lighting, or at the least controllable lighting.

You don't need any active cooling for the memory.

Archived