Corsair Community

Commander pro issue or fan issue

Nartini

Hello everyone,

Today I received my commander pro, plus 4 noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC fans, all but one fan doesn't work and by that I mean, when I boot my pc it spins just a bit, corsair link detects it if i set it to 4 pin instead of auto, but says 0 RPM, the thing is, if I unplug and plug back the fan with the system running, the fan starts working and I can change the speed and everything, but once I reboot, it stops again, but on the mb fan header it works normally on boot, but at 3000 RPM.

I've updated the firmware, tried all of the 6 headers to no avail, only works on the mb or if I reconnect the fan to the commander pro with the pc turned on.

I suspect this is a fan problem, which i know is not part of this forum, but i just wanted to make sure by going here and asking if you guys know anything about this, because if I RMA the fan and they test it, they will say its working just fine.

One of the four A14i 3000 rpm PWM fans works, but not 3? There have been several complaints about that specific version of the Industrial A14 and the Commander Pro. Besides not running, a few users have blown fan ports. They are only supposed to be 0.55A (and likely are), but for whatever reason this seems to be a tough fan to manage. The 2000 PWM industrial versions appear to work fine and I ran 8 different versions of them through my C-Pro a few weeks back for someone else. I don't know the exact reason why it has such a hard time, but keep in mind the A14i and NF-F12 industrial series were meant to be used as actual industrial fans. The 3000 rpm version has always been a little picky and you need to keep it off a splitter. You should be able to plug them one at time onto your board headers to verify the fans works and I am certain they do.

Sorry for my terrible english, i meant that only one does not work, but what i find weird is how the fan works on the motherboard header, but on the commander pro, it only works if I reconnect it while the pc is on, which stops working after a reboot, and im not using any splitter.

Archived