Corsair Community

115i Pro and LL140 RGB or ML140 Pro RGB

JSX

Will the 115i Pro work with either the LL140 RGB or ML140 Pro RGB fans?

I understand the lighting node pro is required for the RGB's to light up but will it play nice with the 115i Pro 280 rad cooler? (this is the part that's confusing without an actual unit to know based on assumptions) Will it light up?

Is corsair link required for the RGB's to light up? (default is fine with me)

I read in another thread that I can hook up the fans to the motherboard to control the fan speed instead of using corsair link. As long as the pump is plugged in the aio watercool pin, it's getting it's full 12v all the time.

Is there a huge noise difference between the LL's and ML's? Both 140's have almost the same fan speed. The ML being 100rpm slower.

The 115 Pro doesn't get it's power from the fan header; it has a SATA connection. So no worries about the AIO water cooler header or anything like that. It only provides a tach reading so that you don't get a CPU Fan error.

LNP is required for both of those fans and yes, it will play nice with the H115 Pro. No issues at all. It is not, however, required for the 115 Pro. The 115 Pro has its own RGB and that RGB is controlled directly from Link without any need for a LNP or CoPro.

And I would recommend using Link to control the fan speeds. Unless you swap them out for a 3-pin fan (which you aren't), you have nothing to gain by using the motherboard fan headers. And you'll lose out on controlling your fan speeds based on the coolant temperature.

The MLs do run in hardware mode so you don't need to have Link running for them to work. You do need it to configure them.

You can also write the settings to the PRO coolers, so, again, you don't need to have Link running for it to work and use any custom settings. You do need it to configure the cooler.

The LLs only run in software controlled mode. You need to have Link running for the effects to work as well as to configure them.

With any of the fans, you need a Lighting Node Pro or a Commander Pro for control, as well as an RGB Fan Hub. The multipacks come with both. No LNP or CoPro is required for the cooler.

It's worth noting that the LL fans only have the light ring on the outside of the fan, so not really worth using on the inside in a pull config on a radiator. They're also not really designed as a static pressure fan, and are significantly outperformed by the ML and HD fans when used on a radiator.

Based on the specs listed on the Corsair site, it should fit in the top. Since I don't have that case, that's the best I can do for ya.

I know the regular H115i fits. I don't see why the pro version wouldn't it. I read somewhere the pro radiator is slightly thicker but there lots of headroom in the 750D.

It's worth noting that the LL fans only have the light ring on the outside of the fan, so not really worth using on the inside in a pull config on a radiator. They're also not really designed as a static pressure fan, and are significantly outperformed by the ML and HD fans when used on a radiator.

I've decided to go with the ML as a push config.

Archived