Corsair Community

toooo sensitive, quick help on product advice?

gxsingh

Hi first posting here

I own

Corsair 16gb 3200 RAM, Corsair 750d airflow

now the k70 rapidfire keyboard.

I bought k70 rapidfire 2 weeks ago and i am feeling its too sensitive for me.

little background:

I am not typer, nvr learned fast typing, most typing i do is by looking at keyboard and some from memory or w/e anyway I am done with college so no longer need to type papers. I am a software developer/programmer and a gamer. I am not a competitive player, most games i use a ps4 controller, keyboard/mouse on rts games like warcraft3 or some fps like cs1.6 surfing.

I got k70 rapidfire on sale and feel like its just too ****ing sensitive lol, accidentally turning on capslock, in chat 'kkkkkkkkkk' or 'aaaaa' or accident turning abilities on warcraft3a <--- **** pressed 'a' again.

so will I get the hang of it with time?

or is mx reds or mx browns a better choice for me??

i dont care about the key feedback, just the sensitivity part?

any advice will be helpful?

Yes, the K70 RGB LUX with brown Cherry switches would be the better choice. I go back and forth on this all the time, but I was eager to try the speed keys when they first came out. It requires adaptation and I needed to lighten my touch and thus pressed on. 18 months later I am going back to the brown keys on my K95P. I like the speed keys, but ultimately I needed more deliberate actuation. You will adapt, but if you are stubborn and you know it, make the change now while you can return it. Besides, twitchy keys may not be an asset in some games like MMOs where you want a decided single press. I have killed myself more than a few times by double tapping into a plunge to my doom on the WASD. If you don't like the higher initial force required for brown keys, the red might be better. Still linear but longer push to activate. Might be better if you feel like your finger get tired easily.

Yes, the K70 RGB LUX with brown Cherry switches would be the better choice. I go back and forth on this all the time, but I was eager to try the speed keys when they first came out. It requires adaptation and I needed to lighten my touch and thus pressed on. 18 months later I am going back to the brown keys on my K95P. I like the speed keys, but ultimately I needed more deliberate actuation. You will adapt, but if you are stubborn and you know it, make the change now while you can return it. Besides, twitchy keys may not be an asset in some games like MMOs where you want a decided single press. I have killed myself more than a few times by double tapping into a plunge to my doom on the WASD. If you don't like the higher initial force required for brown keys, the red might be better. Still linear but longer push to activate. Might be better if you feel like your finger get tired easily.

@c-attack hey man thanks for the reply, i just got k70 lux mx brown after 2 weeks of trying out mx speed keys. i think i might have been getting to used to them lol. now these mx brown keys feel really ****ing dirty lol. should i stick with mx speed or go with mx red less accutation

Let it ride a couple of days if you can. The keys are likely to loosen a bit and your remembrance of the speed sensation will quiet down. I really did a number on myself once trying to work both types at the same time. The reds will be linear and feel like the speeds, but not quite so touchy. Most people prefer brown for typing. Beyond that, it is hard to make universal declarations about what is best suited or right. If the brown prove too fatiguing, the red might split the differences for you.

Let it ride a couple of days if you can. The keys are likely to loosen a bit and your remembrance of the speed sensation will quiet down. I really did a number on myself once trying to work both types at the same time. The reds will be linear and feel like the speeds, but not quite so touchy. Most people prefer brown for typing. Beyond that, it is hard to make universal declarations about what is best suited or right. If the brown prove too fatiguing, the red might split the differences for you.

@c-attack well thanks for the help man, i ended up getting the mx red yday after trying mx browns for 4 days. I think i like am gna go with mx reds

Mx speed is just too damn touchy and sensitive, messes up gaming and typing.

Mx brown feels a lil dirty and its good for some typing and some gaming but i just wasnt feeling it.

Mx reds the middle ground i guess, i played some games and programed a small program. they feel great, and there isnt that much learning curve. i think i am gna with cherry mx reds as my choice, they are great at programming in visual studio, gaming in cs1.6, dota2, warcraft3 rts games.

thanks for the help and sharing ur experience.

Archived