Corsair Community

800D Discontinued?

curlysir

I think Corsair has the same problem as Microsoft...

Windows XP --> Windows 7

XP is great and yes W7 is a great upgrade of it... but why upgrade if the old one (XP) works fine? And because of this MS extended the support of XP (however... it will end soon now).

Back to Corsair,

800D --> 900D

800D is great, maby not as big as 900D but it has so much space and great upgrade features, why upgrade to 900D? Ofcourse 900D has more options but also here, why upgrade to a newer version if the old one is still working?

I think that they are in this dillema and I really hope that they will "extend" the support of 800D just like MS did for WinXP

The 900D is way too big for me. As best I can tell it is 6" longer, and 7.5" taller then the 800D. I had to modify the hatch on my desk to use the 800D. The 650D is a very similar case but a little small for certain accessories. I have both and like the size of the 800D for my main case that I "mess" with quiet often. The 650 is just not quiet as easy to work on. I bought the 800D with the expectation of getting as least 10 years use out of it with the ability to upgrade as technology changed. But if Corsair has discontinued the case and parts, 5 years may be the maximum. I guess I will go back to buying cheap cases every few years instead.

Hopefully someone can confirm or deny the status of the 800D soon. Newegg currently has it is stock so they are still available.

I believe the 900D is 3" taller and 1" deeper than the 800D. I think there is a place among us for both of these cases. I haven't seen the "discontinued" tag on the 800D, but if true, I would like to see the 800D continue in this line. I believe I did see where a company bought a huge amount of cases for a line of PCs they are putting out. Was that the 800Ds? If so that would explain why some sites are out of them at the moment.

• Administrators
I believe I did see where a company bought a huge amount of cases for a line of PCs they are putting out.
Is this what you're talking about?

Some little company called Cyberdyne Systems just purchased a metric ton of them. Something to do with their new model 101 system. Should be a bad *** system, but even it if isn't, I'm sure they'll be back with something better.

If so, it was a Terminator movie reference :)

I believe the 900D is 3" taller and 1" deeper than the 800D. I think there is a place among us for both of these cases. I haven't seen the "discontinued" tag on the 800D, but if true, I would like to see the 800D continue in this line. I believe I did see where a company bought a huge amount of cases for a line of PCs they are putting out. Was that the 800Ds? If so that would explain why some sites are out of them at the moment.

From the Tech specs on the Corsair Website: 800D 24" (H) x 24" (L) x 9" (W) - (609mm X 609mm X 229 mm) 900D: 29.7in x 14.2in x 31.5in, if these are correct the 900D is a lot bigger. It would not fit on my desk, height wise or length wise.

If you do a search on 800D discontinued you will find lots of statements from vendors that the 800D has been discontinued. I certainly hope not as the 800 fits a notch between the 650D and 900D that I believe needs filled. I bought it because it was bigger then most midsize cases at the time and it just right for me.

I think the 650D, 800D and 900D all have a place for certain users and hope they continue all 3.

• Administrators
From the Tech specs on the Corsair Website: 800D 24" (H) x 24" (L) x 9" (W) - (609mm X 609mm X 229 mm) 900D: 29.7in x 14.2in x 31.5in, if these are correct the 900D is a lot bigger. It would not fit on my desk, height wise or length wise.
Looks like those dimensions are from here:

http://www.corsair.com/us/corsair-obsidian-series-900d-super-tower.html

I think someone goofed on the website and those are probably the shipping box dimensions. In

it's listed as 692mm x 650mm (height x depth). That's 27.24 in x 25.59 in. I'll poke some people to confirm and get the site corrected.

Looks like those dimensions are from here:

http://www.corsair.com/us/corsair-obsidian-series-900d-super-tower.html

I think someone goofed on the website and those are probably the shipping box dimensions. In

it's listed as 692mm x 650mm (height x depth). That's 27.24 in x 25.59 in. I'll poke some people to confirm and get the site corrected.

That does make it not quiet as big. I used the dimensions from the site and I referenced to compare with my 800D and :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frog Newton

I believe I did see where a company bought a huge amount of cases for a line of PCs they are putting out.

Is this what you're talking about?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technobeard

Some little company called Cyberdyne Systems just purchased a metric ton of them. Something to do with their new model 101 system. Should be a bad *** system, but even it if isn't, I'm sure they'll be back with something better.

If so, it was a Terminator movie reference :)

Make me feel stupid :p: I vaguely remembered reading it somewhere, I didn't remember the whole thing, or the joke involved. I really need more sleep.:laughing:

I highly doubt the 800d will be discontinued, it is still a great case and with it being one of corsair's first cases, I bet you that it wont, the only case if I recall being discontinued was the 700d which is the 800d minus the hot swap bays in the front

I'm afraid it is already discontinued...

From the ticketsupport:

Unfortunately the 800D has been discontinued and we no longer have any spare parts for what you require. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Excellent...so if I need spares for my 2 week old 800D which is under warranty for the next 2 years, hope they replace it with a 900D. :mad:

(Ticket: 6002783 | 17 april 2013)

Many of the spare parts for the 800D have been removed from our webstore in the last few months as we stop producing parts for the 800D. We apologize for the inconveniences.

It's still strange that a case of +/- 4 years is already discontinued, and after this mesage of the ticketsupport I think it's better for everyone NOT to buy this case anymore :[pouts:

It's discontinued, I posted quotes from my ticket (included ticket number), feel free to check the post I made you'll find the same information :(

If they still sell the product that only means that they have some left in stock, not that they are still able/unable to produce it. Btw, if they still sell those cases it's a bad thing... why sell something if you can't support it o.O

WHYYYYYYYYYY ? it is the best case they make just the right size right price, hotswap bays in front.

My thoughts exactly, The 900D is too big for me and the 650D (I have one) is nice but is smaller and not as easy to work with as the 800D.

Why is there no response from the Corsair reps on this?:confused:

I only purchased my 800D a little while ago and was going to get a few parts. Very disapointed as I thought Corsair supported their current products they sell. I guess they still have some spares for warranty.

I have a second PC currently sitting on one of those Lian Li test beds. I was considering getting a 900D for that one, not sure now.

Regards MarkL

No this is like replacing a semi high end camero/corvette in a line up of sports cars with a porsche/ ferrari not a newer model.

the 900d is the porsche (or dump truck since it is so huge....Ok maybe a hummer dump trucks are not classy) they no longer have a high performance model in the line up of cases and now only have the a large luxury model for people that need something that huge to fit everything in. and I understand if I had the room for it I might buy one for a server PC,.

nothing in the middle for the high end.

the smaller cases like the 600d are like normal nice common cars fine for most people to drive around in but not OK for people that want a sports car like a corvette to tune and play with on weekends.

(I love the army green and portal white colors of those cases though to bad the 800d and 900d never came in those colors.)

@wytnyt, ofcourse the case that would replace the 800D was already underway, when the 800D just came out... but the thing that's irritating me is that people can still buy the 800D (which they shouldn't do now anymore) + there is NO support for this case and the replacementparts are getting hard2get every day you're waiting...

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with replacing a case (with cars it happens all the time!) but not offering any replacementparts while the case is still available, in my eyes that is misleading the consumer...

@wytnyt, ofcourse the case that would replace the 800D was already underway, when the 800D just came out... but the thing that's irritating me is that people can still buy the 800D (which they shouldn't do now anymore) + there is NO support for this case and the replacementparts are getting hard2get every day you're waiting...

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with replacing a case (with cars it happens all the time!) but not offering any replacementparts while the case is still available, in my eyes that is misleading the consumer...

As a owner of this case what really bothers me (besides the case being discontinued) is the lack of spare parts. The 800D is too good a case not to be able to buy parts for at least a few more years.

this is a practice done on most every electronic part made,even parts other than electronic.

one example is phones,look how many newer models come out every day,do you think they keep providing parts to older models?,,,nope

they want to sell their newest item and this is how its done

to always keep spare parts hurts their future profits.

Archived