Corsair Community

corsair service uses cpu after update to 3.10.125

hugalafutro

Hi,

after updating to 3.10.125 I notice a service named Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64.exe using 4-7% of cpu every 3 seconds or so.

I've found 2 "workarounds"

1. I've renamed the file to stop it from loading, but that makes the parent service Corsair.Service.exe get a memleak of sorts because it gets up to 400-500Mb usage within hour

2. in Process Explorer I can right click and Suspend the Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64.exe service and that seems to do the trick without spazzing out the Corsair.Serice.exe mem usage.

But surely the issue shouldn't exist in the first place, what even is the service for, I do not use any Dashboard "widgets" (that's the only thing I can think of) in icue, I only use it to manage Keyboard (K70) profiles.

Got the same issue and for me it is connected to the Vengeance RGBO PRO RAM.

When I force close the task, my CPU usage comes down to regualr 5% and the light effects on my RAM freeze. After 10 sec or so the process starts itself again and the CPU usage spikes up again with the light effects resuming.

I would like to reiterate I have the issue without using rgb ram, I only have corsair keyboard and that one isnt even rgb, on top of that this issue literally started with the update to the stated version. The service didn't even exist in the version i was using prior to that or it had negligible cpu usage as my rainmeter skin only shows top 3 processes.

Please do not derail my thread :/

Archived