Corsair Community

H115i Platinum no RGB on Pump Head

ZomBieZA

As title says, I have plugged in all possible connections and there is no lights on the pump head,

3 Cables coming out the pump head,

1- SATA and Pump

2- 2x RGB Connectors to the 2 fans

3- 2x Fan connectors for the 2 fans.

Am I missing something?

Hey, hey!

For my H150i Pro, I had a cable that came from the pump to a USB 2.0 header on my motherboard. That is how I control the RGB on the block. Then all I had to do was go into iCUE and change its lighting effect.

So I had 1 Sata, 1 CPU_FAN, 1 USB2.0, and 3 fans to connect.

Here is a picture from the internet showing the USB 2.0 on the left side of the block. One end goes there, the other to a USB 2.0 header on the motherboard.

20181028_105811.thumb.jpg.0540d2fa3f3bf871ac2bb17174e3bb57.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So, I had exactly the same. After two weeks, no light.

Support ticket is open but my supplier was kind enough to replace the unit.

Made no change whatsoever, uninstalled the previous and hooked up the new on the same sata and USB header as the previous one and all is fine.

Small difference, firmware is 1.00.32 out of the box.

.... I guess I will leave it that way as perhaps that may be it.

Or, Corsair may have an issue with the head RGB.

I had the same issue with my H100i Platnium. At first, I got CPU fan error and then I reseated everything and it was fine, but then I also had the same issue with no LED's coming on the pump bu the fans where fine. I talked to the Corsair rep on the tech support chat. They suggested that I probably most likely had faulty LED's in the pump. However, I asked if a Molex to SATA converter was okay and sent me to a forum to give me an insight, but they did say it was OKAY to use a SATA extension. They also said that Asus boards give an issue sometimes with the Qfan control and it suggested I disable it. Does anyone have any thought about the reliability product life of the unit? This is my first AIO...

• 2 weeks later...

I too have an issue with the rgb not working. All cables are plugged in appropriately. The two fans are actually run to my commander pro and fan rgb works fine. I DID need to use a SATA extension for the power (cuz wow is that a short cable off the pump...). I may tinker a bit and try it without extension. Again, iCUE sees it just fine, I can control fan/pump speed but no RGB.

Not the end of the world but...vexing.

I too have an issue with the rgb not working. All cables are plugged in appropriately. The two fans are actually run to my commander pro and fan rgb works fine. I DID need to use a SATA extension for the power (cuz wow is that a short cable off the pump...). I may tinker a bit and try it without extension. Again, iCUE sees it just fine, I can control fan/pump speed but no RGB.

Not the end of the world but...vexing.

I would start by removing the extension. The RGB actually uses a different rail (5V) than the pump and fans (12V). Extensions are of varying quality and, since the 5V rail is often unnecessary with hard drives, it may be left off.

Thanks for the feedback/info. The main reason for the extension arose from concern of pinching/breaking. Tight fit for an angled power cable off supply and my case panel. Honestly, not worth the worry even. Corsair should look into making that cable a fair bit longer.

Archived