Corsair Community

Commander Pro Setup

Lopezillaaa

Hey all, had to find this forum as I’m doing a new build and have decided to go with 4 ML140 Pro LED fans and a commander pro (on top of the Corsair peripherals I’ve already purchased with my previous build).

The questions I have are centered around the Commander Pro. 1) Will I need splitters in any way to power/light/control my ML140 Pro LEDs? I have tried searching for quite some time all over the net but have not found any definitive answers. I will be hooking all 4 fans into the Commander Pro and I know it was enough PWM slots for my # of fans but was unclear if I’d need any additional hardware to plug all 4 LED fans into the Commander Pro and have them function properly. If so, are there any recommended ones that I can order so I’ll have them ready for when I finish my build this weekend? 2) I was wondering if there was a location best to install the Commander Pro.

Thanks to all in advance for any insight you can provide.

Lope

Hey there! Welcome to the crazy train!

Start off with checking out the RGB FAQ that's linked in my signature. Everything you need to know and more is there. Once you do, if you have questions, come back and ask away.

From reading that FAQ it seems that I’ll need something additional as it only has 2 LED channels and I’ll have 4 LED fans.

What do you suggest is the simplest way to address the lack of LED headers?

If I misread please do correct me. I’ve never built with RGB/LED and this being my first I am flying dark.

Lope

Actually, you'll need the RGB Fan Hub - https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling-And-Corsair-Link/CORSAIR-RGB-Fan-LED-Hub/p/CO-8950020.

You'll see this in the diagrams in the RGB FAQ. The Commander Pro lighting channel connects to the Fan Hub. The fans then also connect to the fan hub. The cables will be with the Commander Pro - they are 3 pins and 2 wires. It is correct; don't worry.

This actually comes in the multi-packs of the ML-RGB fans so I'm guessing you got singles.

And ... seriously ... if this is your first experience with RGB, spend some time reading over the FAQ. A couple of times. Study the diagrams. There's some really good information in there that Zotty has collected.

• 5 weeks later...
I have a quick question. I'm a noob at building computers, and am going to build my first system, my question is, I plan on having 6 ml120 series fans in my case. Four stand alone, and two on the h100i rgb cooler. I am planning on buying the commander pro and fan hub to consolidate these together. My mobo only has two fan header slots. So am I going to need to buy splitters to connect them to the mobo, or does the Commander PRO and fan hub connect to the mobo header slots?

The Commander Pro will handle 6 fans on its own. You'll only need to connect 4 - the cooler will have its own connections for fans and they should go there.

So ... no splitters required.

The fan hub, btw, is for RGB control, not for fan speed control. Check out the RGB FAQ linked in my signature for all kinds of good info.

Archived