Corsair Community

Cat Barfed on Keyboard - Nothing Works Right

kdonnell

So this morning I wake up and see that my cat decided my brand new K70 RGB keyboard was the perfect place to expel a hairball. Up until this morning everything was fine, and now everything isn't working properly. I have three major issues:

1) LEDs aren't working correctly. If I set the keys entirely to red, 13 of the keys (and one media button) are green. If I set them to green, 1 key is red and 1 is orange. When I set them to white, all those same keys are a light blue except for one which is pink.

2) Every so often the keys lag*. I will be typing, and instead of a normal sentence, it will either hang on one key (instead of c, it becomes cccccccccc) or it won't recognize keys and won't type (i.e., broken becomes bken.) *Also, my Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock keys don't register immediately, but they've never registered right.

3) The CUE starts out properly, but randomly decides that my keyboard has a malfunction. The log states "[2015-07-24T17:33:42]: Buffer write failed, 1. request timed out" before it refuses to operate properly. As I was typing, the CUE stopped. The log says the following repeatedly.

[2015-07-24T18:13:25]: Buffer write failed, 1.Execution result = 1, result = 0, platform error code = 2.

[2015-07-24T18:13:25]: Fail counter for K70 RGB reached zero, setting status 2.

Now apparently act of cat is not covered under warranty, so I'm pretty much boned when it comes to any form of repair or RMA. Is there anything at all that I can do aside from accepting that I've wasted $180?

Fluids must have short circuited your keyboard. If your PC was on at the time of the event, or on standby or even off or something the keyboard is often still on power, pretty sure its dead.

If not, and you dried it before you powered it back on and still doesnt work its dead as well.

Sorry to hear.

• 3 weeks later...
Wow, that is bad luck. A few years ago, my cat sprayed my keyboard (not the Corsair thank goodness) to get my attention. At least that is what I assumed his intent was. It still worked, but stunk to high-heaven. It got part of the monitor as well.

Archived