Corsair Community

not too sure where to post this either

I have the MSI z370 Gaming Carbon Pro AC, i5-8600k (@4.2), Corsair HD150i Pro, and Corsair Crystal 570x (with included 3 SP120m fans)

I'm trying to silence my PC, and have tried everything except unplugging the fans themselves, i have 3 SP120m fans that came with the Corsair Crystal, the fan's 3 pin headers are all plugged into the pump and the pump hooked up to the CPU_Fan 3 pin header on the MoBo, i've seen some forums that say cause the fans are 3 pin and not 4, i'd have to adjust the DC settings in the BIOS, I tried that and nothing, I attempted to do the same in Corsair LINK 4(v4.9.7.35) and nothing changes

another issue i'm facing is the MoBo's JCORSAIR1 header, i connected the included 3 pin connector from MoBo to the NoPro in the back and the LED's aren't coming on, but when hooked up to the lighting controller, all the LED's work fine, i've tried the MSI mystic light/sync software, but nothing seems to get them to light up

any help would be appreciated, even if it's a redirect link

• 2 months later...

I know you posted this a while ago and may have found an answer already but I had searched for hours for an answer and saw your post along the way.

This problem had me scratching my head for hours, I finally got the SP120s to flash randomly while having them hooked up. As it turns out from what I've found is that the SP120s communicate with the hub in a different way than the HD/LL/ML. My best guess is it's something similar to the difference between 5050 RGB strips and WS2812B individually addressable strips, the 5050s are all one color, the WS2812s can change each led to be a different color.

TL;DR The JCORSAIR1 link is expecting the ability to address each fan individually and can do that with the HD/LL/ML series fans, so the SP series isn't getting the correct info to light up.

the fan's 3 pin headers are all plugged into the pump and the pump hooked up to the CPU_Fan 3 pin header on the MoBo,

The H150i Pro is PWM controlled only. the SP120 fans will run at full speed while plugged into it dude

Archived