Corsair Community

Questions regarding Corsair One

rhyno11

First off, cheers to Corsair for the premier of your new rig! It's getting good reviews and certainly caught my eye as I'm in the market for a new high performance desktop. Some questions regarding the highest TI version, I see on your site that the only hard drive option is a sub 1TB SSD drive, which is below the amount of hard drive space I'd be happy with. Is there an option to do the 480GB SSD, 2TB HDD option you have with the pro with the TI version? If not, is it a space issue and would adding an internal HDD hard drive void the warranty? Would an external hard drive via USB work or would that not be a viable option for the power supply? 600 W seemed a little low for a rig using top of the line processors and dual liquid cooling.

Also, I realize I'll probably get a generic response on this, but is the TI version going to be available for purchase again anytime soon? I'm trigger happy now on a new rig and would to hate to miss out on the TI if I had just waited another week for them to become available again. Thanks!

Rhyno11, great question. Will the hard drive swap void the warranty? I would love to know exactly what modifications if any would void the warranty. Will opening up the case to look at the hardware void it? Are there seals that if broken then can be seen by the manufacture that would void?

Also to note, the TI comes with a 500W PS. All other versions other than the TI come with 400W PS.

Also, I realize I'll probably get a generic response on this, but is the TI version going to be available for purchase again anytime soon? I'm trigger happy now on a new rig and would to hate to miss out on the TI if I had just waited another week for them to become available again. Thanks!

Good luck getting a response from anybody while their social media channels are all about shilling blinged out RGB boy-gamer junk.

Having only 400W on the Ti model was a concern of mine, too--two years out and put it under load and the thing wouldn't have enough juice. 500W is perfect thanks zguy...

Rhyno11, I feel your frustrations completely. I am more than interested in purchasing the TI model, along with going into some debt like many guessing.

With what has become repetitively clear through the weeks with that Corsair has shown inability to effectively communicate with their customer base, and what seems to be very little effort in marketing the product at all. I have more than lost confidence and trust at this point with the brand for such a high item purchase and am right behind you.

With these inactions it is clear marketing and the consumer was and is not a priority exhibiting a trend other competitors have avoided. My patience has nearly been exhausted, your move Corsair.

• Corsair Employee

Hey guys,

We're sorry to hear about your frustration, we are working hard to produce more units on their way for availability.

I can say the TI versions are still coming, we would love to have more in inventory but at this time they just aren't here yet.

I am waiting for the 1080TI at the moment. If there were options where I could get the 1070 and at a later time add the 500W PS GPU 1080TI (liquid cooled) with instructions. I would be much more inclined in purchasing a 1070 now.

If Corsair offered upgrade kits to these units with instructions at a later time I and probably many others would purchase a 1070 now knowing we had a clear path to upgrade later with Corsair. Just an idea.

• Corsair Employee

Hey guys, I'm the product manager for Corsair One and wanted to drop in and hopefully give you some answers and alleviate some concerns.

The Corsair One Pro with the 1080 Ti, the configuration that we sold on the webstore was a very limited run and will not be restocked. While I can't comment on future configurations, I can tell you that we paid very close attention to how fast those units moved (let alone how fast Corsair One has moved in general).

As for upgrade paths for Corsair One, that's something we're working on and you'll definitely hear more information in the coming months. But please understand that Corsair One is very complex internally; I built and broke down hundreds of PCs while I was a hardware reviewer and even I find it pretty daunting. But we do want to provide options for enthusiasts.

Finally, 500W is definitely sufficient for the 1080 Ti. You're looking at peak draw of 91W on the i7-7700K (maybe 20W more if you give it a mild overclock), 250W on the GPU...you're not scraping the ceiling on the SF500.

Hey guys, I'm the product manager for Corsair One and wanted to drop in and hopefully give you some answers and alleviate some concerns.

The Corsair One Pro with the 1080 Ti, the configuration that we sold on the webstore was a very limited run and will not be restocked. While I can't comment on future configurations, I can tell you that we paid very close attention to how fast those units moved (let alone how fast Corsair One has moved in general).

As for upgrade paths for Corsair One, that's something we're working on and you'll definitely hear more information in the coming months. But please understand that Corsair One is very complex internally; I built and broke down hundreds of PCs while I was a hardware reviewer and even I find it pretty daunting. But we do want to provide options for enthusiasts.

Finally, 500W is definitely sufficient for the 1080 Ti. You're looking at peak draw of 91W on the i7-7700K (maybe 20W more if you give it a mild overclock), 250W on the GPU...you're not scraping the ceiling on the SF500.

Hello Dustin,

Thank you for the update! Even if it did take two months to get a proper answer.

I find it very disapointing that you will not make more of the 1080TI version. I suspect you will miss out on alot of sales because of this. A local reseller has had the One Pro EU version in stock for 2 months, and I still will not buy it because of the upgrade limitations you put on the unit.

Guess I will take my business somewhere else. I just do not understand your decsision to not provide your most entusiastic customerbase the model/specification they want.

• Corsair Employee

To address your concerns:

- I said that the specific Corsair One Pro configuration with the 1080 Ti that we sold on the webstore was a limited run. While I can't specifically talk about future configurations, I did not explicitly say we wouldn't produce a Corsair One Pro in the future with a 1080 Ti.

- As I mentioned, we're working on upgrade solutions and more information will be released in the coming months. That being said, please understand that, at least in the case of the graphics card, we didn't choose to place upgrade limitations on it. If you look at reviews/media of the system, you'll see the graphics card inside Corsair One is customized. There simply isn't a way for end users to replace the graphics card.

Hello Dustin,

Thank you for the update! Even if it did take two months to get a proper answer.

I find it very disapointing that you will not make more of the 1080TI version. I suspect you will miss out on alot of sales because of this. A local reseller has had the One Pro EU version in stock for 2 months, and I still will not buy it because of the upgrade limitations you put on the unit.

Guess I will take my business somewhere else. I just do not understand your decsision to not provide your most entusiastic customerbase the model/specification they want.

To address your concerns:

- I said that the specific Corsair One Pro configuration with the 1080 Ti that we sold on the webstore was a limited run. While I can't specifically talk about future configurations, I did not explicitly say we wouldn't produce a Corsair One Pro in the future with a 1080 Ti.

- As I mentioned, we're working on upgrade solutions and more information will be released in the coming months. That being said, please understand that, at least in the case of the graphics card, we didn't choose to place upgrade limitations on it. If you look at reviews/media of the system, you'll see the graphics card inside Corsair One is customized. There simply isn't a way for end users to replace the graphics card.

Thank you Dustin for letting us know about the current state of Corsair One 1080ti. Moreover, I noticed that the GTX 1080 configuration (480SSD + 2TB) has been sold out. Any chances of having a restock in a near future for this particular option?

• Corsair Employee

Hi Sternaid,

We just restocked last weekend for the CORSAIR ONE PROs, they were sold out quick! We are working hard to get even more units available for purchase in the next batch. We do appreciated your patience. :)

Thank you Corsair Alan and Dustin for getting back to us and letting us know of the ONE PRO TI. This is unfortunate news to hear and I will wait it out sometime until there is an option available that would be 4k+ further future proof.

I personally cannot justify investing money for a GPU that is over a year old at this point. I'm looking forward to going 4K with performance and framerates of the TI. I will keep an eye out for when a unit is available with this level or greater performance.

Until then good luck perfecting the craft. If you could offer fair financing options it would be a huge plus for many including myself. Good luck guys, you're on the right path!

Well... I got my work schedule moved up three months so I am in a position where it's do or die before work gets hectic. So I just put the PRO on order through Best Buy which just came back in stock today.

I applied for the Best Buy Card and get a 12 month financing option interest free if paid within the 12 months. This is only a little over $200 a month which works great for me.

I hope that Corsair has viable upgrade options for the unit concerning the Power Supply and GPU at a later time. I am very excited.

I just hope the unit is shipped without any damage from Best Buy. Supposedly they are claiming it will arrive by the 26th. Lets see how that works out.

Is there any disadvantage or difference whether purchasing directly through Corsair vs. Best Buy? I rather have purchased directly from Corsair, but BB's financing option closed the deal.

• Corsair Employee
For end users there's no real advantage to buying directly from us or buying through Best Buy. You're still covered by our two year warranty. If Best Buy's financing sealed the deal for you, we're happy you chose to buy a Corsair One and look forward to hearing about your experience with it. :)

Archived