Corsair Community

9 Fan set up

havek2700

I will be building my first PC in about a week and want to see if I have the right idea as to how to go about setting up a 9 fan configuration. Here i edited a diagram that I saw on this forum to fit my needs. I will be using 9 Corsair LL RGB fans as well as a H150i pro AIO as shown on the diagram, 6 fans will be mounted on the case and 3 on the AIO. I want to obviously be able to light them all up and have control of them if I follow this diagram will I be good or is there something wrong/missing on this diagram.

https://ibb.co/61C3SyS

I recognise that Digram ;) :)...

yeah that should work fine buddy..

My faq in casee you havnt read it

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Thanks and yeah this is where I got the diagra. If you made the original diagram I cant express how much thankful I am really made everything clear to a noob like me. I'll make sure ill give a look at the FAQ's and your post one more time before I start my build. Have a nice day!

Thanks and yeah this is where I got the diagra. If you made the original diagram I cant express how much thankful I am really made everything clear to a noob like me. I'll make sure ill give a look at the FAQ's and your post one more time before I start my build. Have a nice day!

yeah it's one of mine :) No worrys man.. happy they help :)

So the rgb controllers for the fans need Sata power too right? Doing the exact same setup on my very first pc and build and just want to make sure I have all my wiring figured out before I get started. The last of my parts will be here in 2 days and this is the most intimidating part of my build because of the lack of direction from corsair or anyone else really except forums which I hate...

Oh wait I missed that part in the diagram where it showed the Sata power lol. If I decide to use rgb light strips in the future I can plug a lighting node pro into one of the ports on the commander pro to run the two fan rgb controllers then have a slot left for the lighting strips right?

yeah it's one of mine :) No worrys man.. happy they help :)

Hey Zotty sorry to bother you again, but I have a couple questions now that all my components are in.

In the diagram I posted I noticed there was a USB cable from the Commander Pro connected to the Corsair PSU. I forgot to mention and to account for the fact that I ordered the EVGA SuperNova 1200P2 PSU so there's no USB on this PSU. Is that USB cable necessary? Or can I still use the same set up and disregard that USB cable? Below i'm posting an updated diagram listing where I'm connecting the USB cables and sata power cables. Will this work or do I need a Corsair PSU? Sorry if these are dumb questions i'm just so anxious since this is my first build and want the whole process to go smooth. I looked at the FAQs and couldn't find any information on this.

https://ibb.co/W0DWKq6

hey buddy..

This is for Corsair I series Psu's only for monitoring and fan control in iCUE....

Got it! I found a good deal for the AX1600i on Amazon that should have all the cabling needed is that correct?

EDIT: It looks like a Mini USB link cable doesnt come with the AX1600i, but I can use one of the Mini USB link cables that comes with the LL120 fans and use that to plug the Commander Pro to the Corsair Link digital out on the PSU as the original diagram. I think i'm all set now, thanks.

Got it! I found a good deal for the AX1600i on Amazon that should have all the cabling needed is that correct?

EDIT: It looks like a Mini USB link cable doesnt come with the AX1600i, but I can use one of the Mini USB link cables that comes with the LL120 fans and use that to plug the Commander Pro to the Corsair Link digital out on the PSU as the original diagram. I think i'm all set now, thanks.

it comes with the cable buddy,,,

http://i.imgur.com/6k13683l.jpg

Archived