Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 drivers incompatible with Xonar DX?

TeslaMonger

Windows explorer and all applications that have a selection menu for audio devices will crash unless I uninstall the drivers for either my sound card (Xonar DX) or my headset (vengeance 2000). Right now I'm being forced to use the default windows drivers to run my V2K, I'd really prefer to use the drivers though... Here's a couple programs that kept crashing when I opened them with both drivers installed.

Windows explorer (after opening sound options menu in the control panel)

World of Warcraft

Teamspeak

Dolby Axon

Actually, I have several laptops and tablets in the house, but only one desktop. Testing this issue on another machine would have been the first thing I would have tried if given the chance.

*EDIT* Let me add some more information, this only started happening after the new Dolby driver updates, could it be conflicting Dolby drivers causing this issue?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i there, i am having a similar issue.

i have a asus xonar d2x installed and have recently got a corsair vengeance 2000 wireless headset. i installed it all fine and everything worked great.

upon a re-start though my xonar drivers had failed, i tried all drivers remove and re-install for both items in all combinations but the only way to get my xonar to work again is a system restore. if i install the headset again upon restart the same happens.

i have only tried the most recent corsair drivers though so would an earlier driver be better?

thanks for you time.

• Corsair Employee
I use an Essence STX and with the latest drivers from ASUS, I don't see this issue with switching audio sound sources. I'll follow up on the results though from the Xonar DX testing.

thanks ram guy, i really appreciate the help.

i have also got on to asus about the issue and am awaiting a response.

also if it helps, i use the spdif on the card to go into my surround amp, as said before all is fine until after a reboot. then the spdif option in playback devices has (passthrough) next to it where it didnt before. and i dont recieve the digital signal.

thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm kind of skeptical that it's the dongle, because I could use my headset just fine when using the stock windows drivers. The issue only comes up when I install the newer Dolby drivers (Xear drivers work fine). I really don't know, do you think it could be the dongle? I feel like everything is pointing at the drivers and not the actual dongle.

Yep, those drivers work fine. Used them for two days straight with no signs of system instability/crashing. But that doesn't change the issue with the newer Dolby drivers.

Any progress on locating or replicating the issues over there at Corsair's support labs?

• Corsair Employee
Oh sorry I just realized, two posts ago you were asking my for my Xonar DX driver revision, not for the V2K, my bad. I'm using 7.12.8.1794 currently, I suppose I could try out some older drivers for it.

I don't have my hands yet on a Xonar DX specifically, but the other versions (and other soundcards as well) of it don't seem to have any issues on with our drivers.

Let me know if an older driver works too.

• 6 months later...

So half a year later, the things I've tried goes as follows: replaced the headset, replaced the dongle, reformatted my operating system, used older versions of Xonar DX driver software, used third party Xonar drivers (UniXonar), and just for good measure I ran Tweaking's Windows Repair toolkit alongside CCleaner. The only existing solution seems to be using the older V2K drivers, ones that existed prior to the Dolby update.

So, any input on anything I could do to possibly solve this issue?

Archived