Corsair Community

Possibly faulty CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9

Larhleolynx

Hey there,

I'm just posting here because its late and figured I'd get the ball rolling at least. When I put my PC together I bought Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 - 8GB (2x4GB)(version 5.11). It ran flawlessly through memtest and my systems been rock solid stable, since first building it.

Anyway, I wanted to fill my motherboards ram capacity, so I purchased another set of CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 - 8GB (2x4GB) this time I recieved (version 8.16). Since installing this new set of ram, the machine locks up, applications fail to load right, and the machine frequently blue screens. So I isolated the two new sticks and ran memtest on both separately. Turns out one of the sticks runs fine, its passed through memtest 3 times now with no failures. While the other stick fails immediately several thousand times in under a minute, in what seems like the same memory location. The numbers on the failing stick are: 287926 and 120800187 if that helps speed up what I need to do! (I've went through the Tech Support Express RMA service my case #2766571)

Thanks in advance for the help.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again,

I'd just like to pass on what an easy RMA process Corsair has. My replacement sticks will be here on Wednesday the 11th, which is surprising considering I live in Ontario, Canada. Shipping to and from Cali, plus processing time I expected much longer.

Currently I'm going through a MASSIVE headache RMA process with an ASUS motheboard, its to the point where I'm not going to deal with them anymore. Their support is a joke.

Again, just wanted to pass on thanks to Corsair for a mostly painless process!

Archived