Corsair Community

H110i GT Fans

ACP

Hi there,

I recently got the H110i GT and i noticed that the stock sp140L fans make a small rattle upon first boot (fan spins fast) and when the fans rapidly speed up when changing the speed. Is this normal for these fans?

I was thinking of replacing them with the some other corsair fans but I noticed that there arent any 140mm non led static pressure fans.

Any Suggestions? are the fans defective?

I noticed that too. It's the phase changes of the fan ramping up making the noise. If you have ever been near an electric roller coaster it's the same theory of course on a much smaller scale.

If you hold the fans while they are off and spin the blade you can feel the poles emf interaction with the coils. It's noticeable when they wind up but far more noticeable when they are on the lowest speed setting.

@ ChopperNZ...does it rattle all the time below 1000rpm? mine only rattles once the speed changes from lets say 800 rpm to 2000 but then goes away immediately

Its kind of weird mostly it rattles under 1000rpm but if i set it to say 1050 it goes away then sometimes comes back, not sure if I should rma with my local supplier or not as it cools my cpu fine.

Archived