Corsair Community

1000D Quad 480 Rad Questions

Johnson621

Well its time to try and cram four 480mm radiators in this thing, I have seen a few people discussing the width issue people are running in to, but haven't seen much discussion on length issues.

I wanted to run quad AlphaCool ST30 480's, but i have noticed that it is quite a bit longer than some other radiators on the market in the same 4x120 layout.

Does anyone have some solid knowledge on these issues? I have seen a few pictures of people running quad 480's (GTS480 for example) and they got it to fit, but the inlet/outlet where the fittings go were basically crammed agaisnt the rear of the case, making it impossible to run 2 exhaust fans on the rear wall.

If anyone out there has these limitations figured out please let me know. All my radiators will be the 30mm variety so im not worried about the thickness aspect. Just max width and length to achieve the quad 480 (bonus if it will still work with dual rear exhaust).

Thank you for yall's time.

I found this picture earlier, it’s doable, I just have no idea what the max length is because of the bad picture angle this was taken at, looks like more room in front possibly to slide forward to have better access to rear fittings, hoping someone with experience can chime in

B42B7731-6610-4F2E-80BC-AB9DDEEA0725.jpeg.afc4f4dfbd9e1c77570898e259288822.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
Well its time to try and cram four 480mm radiators in this thing, I have seen a few people discussing the width issue people are running in to, but haven't seen much discussion on length issues.

I wanted to run quad AlphaCool ST30 480's, but i have noticed that it is quite a bit longer than some other radiators on the market in the same 4x120 layout.

Does anyone have some solid knowledge on these issues? I have seen a few pictures of people running quad 480's (GTS480 for example) and they got it to fit, but the inlet/outlet where the fittings go were basically crammed agaisnt the rear of the case, making it impossible to run 2 exhaust fans on the rear wall.

If anyone out there has these limitations figured out please let me know. All my radiators will be the 30mm variety so im not worried about the thickness aspect. Just max width and length to achieve the quad 480 (bonus if it will still work with dual rear exhaust).

Thank you for yall's time.

Check out this post I made tonight that has some vids of another 1000D build that uses EK rads (the last 2 vids in the list of 4 I posted are the most useful). That and the one Zotty linked above provide some great info about rads in the case.

In particular, I like that we can use EK or HWL, as well as AC rads width-wise as long as we mount fans to the fan trays first, then rads to the fans. I also like the approach the guy in the vids I linked used to mod-mount the top rad without the top fan tray at all. Although I wonder about airflow in that situation.

I'm in the midst of researching custom-loop parts now as well. So I'm very curious what others have found out about rads in the 1000D.

• 9 months later...

Hi there, just saw this thread. I have 4x alpha cool 480s in my case (pic below).

The top rads are ST30. The fronts rads are XT45.

As you can see, you may have a length problem if you install the top rads such that the ports are towards the front of the case. In my setup, I installed the top rad so the ports are towards the back of the case - the front rads didn't matter if I had the ports on the top or bottom.

If you're going for a thicker top rad or push-pull on top, you'll likely need to align your front rad ports on the bottom.

Hope this helped.

file#

Edited by eisenb11