Corsair Community

800D side panel "sticking"

steers

This seems like a minor issue, but I've noticed that the left (window) side panel of my case "sticks" a little bit when taking it off. After pressing the door release button, the frontmost part of the side panel seems to stick against the front of the case, requiring a little bit more force to get it off (so as not to bend the panel unnecessarily). My first thought was that the front panel was part of this problem's cause, but it turns out it's unrelated. Removing the front panel reveals that the panel is rubbing on the front of the case, behind the front panel. The other side panel comes off cleanly after some force is applied to the back side of the panel. Is there an easy fix I can do to solve this problem? A bit of lubricant perhaps?

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6637/img1516s.jpg

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

• Corsair Employee
Some of the powder coating might be thick enough to cause it to stick in some cases. If it can't be broken in, then we can replace the side panel once they become available. Just send an email to ramguy@corsairmemory.com with "800D" in the subject line along with your shipping and contact information, and we can get a replacement panel shipped out once they are available.

This seems like a minor issue, but I've noticed that the left (window) side panel of my case "sticks" a little bit when taking it off. After pressing the door release button, the frontmost part of the side panel seems to stick against the front of the case, requiring a little bit more force to get it off (so as not to bend the panel unnecessarily). My first thought was that the front panel was part of this problem's cause, but it turns out it's unrelated. Removing the front panel reveals that the panel is rubbing on the front of the case, behind the front panel. The other side panel comes off cleanly after some force is applied to the back side of the panel. Is there an easy fix I can do to solve this problem? A bit of lubricant perhaps?

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6637/img1516s.jpg

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

I taught I was the only one with this issue, when I google it and results with no useful hits, so I was like maybe its supposed to be like this...guess not then...so now this makes my second issue so far.

• 5 months later...

Hello, I just bought the 800D, and both side panels stick when I try to open them. As the original poster said, this isn't a major issue, and I can get them open by applying a little force, but it is a bit frustrating, especially considering the high price tag of the case.

Does every 800D have the same issue? Or, if I take it back and exchange it for another one, is there a chance that a different 800D will not have sticking side panels?

Thanks!

Part of the issue is that the windowed panel twists when it is being removed. This causes it to bind a little bit. I don't think simply changing the panel is going to resolve this.

During removal, you can try grasping the side panel closer to the front of the case. This should mitigate some of the twisting and therefore allow it to be removed more easily.

• 2 months later...
This is an old thread but hopefully corsair comes through and send me a new side panel. On the case I purchased, it takes a lot of force to release the side panel; more then I would like to apply considering I have to pry against the body of the case.

This is an old thread but hopefully corsair comes through and send me a new side panel. On the case I purchased, it takes a lot of force to release the side panel; more then I would like to apply considering I have to pry against the body of the case.

You are pushing the release button ALL the way in, right? Does it just stick on a few prongs or all of them?

I also have the same or similar issue happening with my case. No amount of force can pry the door open from the back side, you need to push the button a few times until the front pops open slightly and pry from the front back.

The windowed door sticks but the other sides does not. At first I thought it was the door itself but then I realized that both doors were exactly the same except for the window of course. Neither door sticks on the right side but they both stick on the left side.

After further investigation I realize that the 3 prong latch is slightly lower than it should be on the back side of the case. This causes that rear prong to catch on the bottom of the hole and not just on the side. The button only moves the prongs back and fourth so it's not releasing the bottom and the door stays on.

I haven't got around to doing this yet but I have a feeling all I will need to do to fix it is take a dremal and make the hole a little larger on the bottom side so the prong has nothing to latch onto.

Archived