Corsair Community

K95 -RGB German layout not working properly and "<" "#" not lighting

Reaper2507

Hello,

my brand new K95 RGB does not show the german layout in the Software and the "<" "#" arent working with the Colors (no light at all)

Is this a known issue or is my brand new keyboard realy brocken?

::pirate:: EDIT FROM YELLOWBEARD ::pirate::

Here is the official statement from our beloved product manager.

Thank you for purchasing the Corsair Gaming K70 and K95 RGB keyboards. Unfortunately we were alerted to an issue regarding a LED on a specific key that is not being lit after updating to the latest firmware. We want to alert everyone that this is not a defective LED and your hardware is not compromised. The LED error is related to an unforeseen issue with our firmware/software. We have been able to isolate the issue and are working on a resolution with an ETA by the end of the week. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your patience and understanding as this is being resolved.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can give you all good news. The problems seem to be solely firmware- and software-related. I purchased a second unit and did some tests. The new unit came with an older firmware version. These are the results with the older firmware:

Firmware 1.02:

+ every key is lit

+ typing in BIOS mode doesn't cycle the brightness setting

- the CUE software doesn't allow profile editing, probably due to the outdated firmware version

And here are the results with the current firmware:

Firmware 1.12:

+ the "<" key is lit when the CUE software is not loaded

- the "<" key is unlit when the CUE software is loaded

- typing in BIOS mode cycles the brightness setting

When the CUE software is started, it loads its software profile onto the device, basically overriding the profile stored on the hardware. I guess that the unlit key is a result of a bug in the CUE software. Exiting the CUE software restores the hardware profile and the unlit key becomes lit again. So, it's not a hardware problem and probably not even a firmware problem. Beware: If you store a new profile on the device, the unlit key will stay unlit even after exiting the software. I really think that the software is at fault here. It seems to send the hardware wrong data.

The brightness cycling in BIOS mode is a result of the firmware update. This bug isn't happening with the older firmware, so it can be fixed by a future firmware update.

I experienced other problems like wrong lighting or repeating keys. But I could fix them by using another USB (3) port.

Bottom line: All these problems are not hardware defects. They can be fixed by a software and firmware update.

Read my post thoroughly:

Beware: If you store a new profile on the device, the unlit key will stay unlit even after exiting the software. I really think that the software is at fault here. It seems to send the hardware wrong data.

I guess you have already overwritten the hardware profile with a faulty one. I still have the original profile installed and after deleting all software profiles and re-acquiring the profile from the device, it looks like in the attached image. There's clearly something wrong with the software.

k70-rgb-lighting.jpg.ae3418b97b7d5cc5523b57daa571ade3.jpg

Got my K95 RGB from ALTERNATE today.. Thank god all LEDs seems working. Including the # and the <> Button. But I didnt installed the software yet! So I can only say that they work out of the box.

Sadly the Palmrest is something I dont like.. Really to small and its not par on the ground on the right site.. About 1mm in the air..

EDIT: Firmware 1.03 on the Keyboard out of the box

EDIT: I FLASHED 1.12 NOW!!! AND BOOM... # and <> are not lit anymore! So definitly a FIRMWARE PROBLEM!

So what to do now.. LOL... Hopefully we get a answer from Corsair soon. 1.12 is 3 weeks old. A shame that such a bug finds its way in to a official firmware update

So what to do now.. LOL... Hopefully we get a answer from Corsair soon. 1.12 is 3 weeks old. A shame that such a bug finds its way in to a official firmware update

One might wonder how such a thing can slip through qualitycheck.

Eyes completely shut.....?

I have similar issues with my K70 (red switches, ordered at Alternate). Some keys appear to be only half lit and the "<"-key seems to be completely dark.

Same here for me. I also have the K70 (German layout). But I'm glad to hear that this seems to be a software issue, so I'm hoping Corsair will release a fix soon.

Got my K95 RGB from ALTERNATE today.. Thank god all LEDs seems working. Including the # and the <> Button. But I didnt installed the software yet! So I can only say that they work out of the box.

Sadly the Palmrest is something I dont like.. Really to small and its not par on the ground on the right site.. About 1mm in the air..

EDIT: Firmware 1.03 on the Keyboard out of the box

EDIT: I FLASHED 1.12 NOW!!! AND BOOM... # and <> are not lit anymore! So definitly a FIRMWARE PROBLEM!

Firmware 1.12 is not 3 weeks old, it was released the same day they announced the Corsair Gaming brand earlier this Monday.

The firmware used when it was originally released on 9th September was 1.10.

Firmware 1.12 is not 3 weeks old, it was released the same day they announced the Corsair Gaming brand earlier this Monday.

Maybe it was published last monday.. But the timestamp of the fw file inside the zip is dated 09.09.14 - So yes - It is 3 weeks old!

Does it make this fault more or less embarassing?

Archived