Corsair Community

H100i Platinum RGB normal edition vs SE

Hi, I´m thinking to buy the H100i normal edition (black) and then swap the ML fans to LL fans. My question is, if the RGB effects on the bomb are the same no matter what edition is?

For example I saw the ARC profile on Corsair web, it looks awesome on SE (white), but I see it a bit different in normal edition (black). Is that because are just different fans or bomb?

I would love if the H100i normal edition with LL fans looks awesome just like the SE with the same RGB effects on the bomb.

Hope someone can help me!

The fans on the H100i Platinum SE are the White LL SE fans. You'll get the same RGB effects from the black (nonSE) LL fans.

Hi, and thank you for your answer! I was asking about the bomb itself, if there are any RGB profile difference or effects between the SE and non-SE version or not?

• 1 year later...
The fans on the H100i Platinum SE are the White LL SE fans. You'll get the same RGB effects from the black (nonSE) LL fans.

Hi

A am confused by the 'SE' naming. It makes you think that it stands for "Second Edition". I'm looking for a water cooler and about to buy the

• Hydro H115i RGB PLATINUM

but if the SE is a newer (and better) cooler I would go for this:

• Hydro H100i RGB PLATINUM SE

(I know that the number reflects a difference in the fan size)

So... what stands the SE for and are both coolers from the same generation of coolers and compatible with the iCUE software.

It makes it also confusing that the product page for the Hydro H115i RGB PLATINUM doesn't contain a download to the iCUE software. Furthermore the page for the Hydro H100i RGB PLATINUM SE has an image saying "48 Individually Addressable RGB LEDs - 16 LEDs on the pump head and each fan" while the page for the H115i RGB PLATINUM doesn't.

So bottom line: Are both products the same beside the color and fan size?

Thank you,

Krissi

I believe that the SE stands for "Special Edition" The H100i RGB Platinum SE comes with 2 white LL120 fans whereas the regular Platinum versions have the ML RGB Pro series fans. I think the ML RGB Pro fans only have 4 LEDs in the center. The LL120 fans have 16 LEDs so that's why it says "48 Individually Addressable RGB LEDs - 16 LEDs on the pump head and each fan" Hope this helps.