Corsair Community

CL4 w/ CoPro Only Control the First RGB Fan

jcdiv47

I am new to the Corsair family. I built my system with Corsair 570x and installed six ML120 RGB fans. I installed Commander Pro and tried to use Corsair Link to control the fans. But it has always been the fan that connects the first header on the RGB hub that responds to the change of color. There is also this strange thing about the RGB effect. We know that each ML120 fan has four RGB light, each in one direction. But when I start the system, each fan would only have one of the four light on, with the same static color, including the one fan that responds to Link. So if I set the fan to be, for example, ranbow, then this fan would have three of the light to be rainbow, but the last light is always static, as if it was 'affected'. The following are the things I have tried:

- I try swapping the fans and make sure they all function well(both spinning and RGB light)

- Link can identify CoPro and the fans

- I also click + on Link to let it know the fans are connected

- I try using three different RGB hub and the result stays the same

I am not native speaker, I apologize in advance for my poor English. Hope what I write makes sense and I would really appreciate any advice. Please feel free to leave any comment or let me know if I need to add anything for description.

Can you show us the Link configuration screen (screen cap)?

Did you add the fans to the lighting channel?

Please find attached the screenshots. I did add the fans to the channel and I switched between channel 1 and 2 but the problem stays.

I also posted a picture of the lighting for the fans. Each fan would only have one RGB light.

Link_1.thumb.png.0804efc99f483034396ec38efce3eec8.png

Link_2.thumb.png.ae3187d19bcbd8ff87b1481aaac14157.png

front_fan.thumb.JPG.76b109b707862dd9b3849626b6736858.JPG

Hmmm ... I've seen this before. We had someone post the same problem here and I saw this on someone's system at QuakeCon. Very odd. I would suggest getting them replaced. The original vendor is usually quicker if you are in the return window or, if not, you can do an RMA through the support ticket system.

Thanks for the advice. I put the original SP120 from case 570x back on and confirm that there is nothing wrong with the RGB hub, LNP or CoPro. I can use iCUE to control SP120's lighting with either LNP or CoPro. There is a high possibility that one or more of ML120s are broken in some way.

Archived