Corsair Community

Corsair H100i V2 problem

madjacky

The motherboard header you connect to needs to be at 100%/12v/disabled or Full Speed in Asus Q-fan. If you don't the pump may not get enough voltage to start. The AIO header should do this automatically, but you need to set the CPU fan header to that. Since something needs to be on CPU fan to boot, it is generally better to use that. The AIO header usually can be re-purposed into a fan header.

Is this a brand new unit? Or did it suddenly stop working? It certainly sounds like the pump is not running, but a DOA pump out of the box is not common.

i have this corsair h100i v2 almost 2 years :)

so 1 week ago when my system start freezyng i saw on temps in c-link 99% and pump shows 0 rmp.then when try to boot my system pump turning with strange noise so now it not works

sorry for my bad english

First, check that the header that you are using is set to 100%/Full Speed - as c-attack mentioned. This ensure that the pump is getting the full 12V that it needs.

If that's the case and you are still seeing this issue, then you'll need to contact support. The coolers have a 5 year warranty but you will need your original receipt.

Your action plan:

1) Check and validate the header settings in the BIOS. If you disable Q-Fan control for the CPU_FAN header AND the cooler is connected to the CPU_FAN header per instructions, you will get the full 12V.

2) If you are still seeing the same issue after completely #1, you have a bad pump. Contact support and file a warranty claim.

The moment you do that, you void your warranty. Additionally, what will you do when open it up? With a zero pump speed it is likely an electrical or mechanical failure of the pump. It would be nice if I wire came loose and simply needed to be re-attached, but that is probably wishful thinking. Most likely is you would need the proprietary replacement parts of the OEM who made the pump. There really is no upside to this approach.

Archived