Corsair Community

1 Fan out of six not spinning on Commander Pro

Ch3f

Recently I changed my fan setup on commander pro to accommodate a new 360mm Rad. I used to only use slots 1-4,6. Now since I am trying to also use slot 5, that fan will spin for a little bit at startup and then it will stop spinning at all. I'm trying to figure out what could possibly be causing this, since I know for a fact the fan does work, since i've tried it on a motherboard header.

What is the fan model? There have been some reports of sporadic control issues with certain fans. Unlike Link, iCUE does not have the manual 3/4/Auto DC/PWM and it may not be getting it right. I had some issues with several different fans types on the first release, either maxed (PWM on DC) or idle (DC on PWM). If you set the fan to max speed, will it start up?

What is the fan model? There have been some reports of sporadic control issues with certain fans. Unlike Link, iCUE does not have the manual 3/4/Auto DC/PWM and it may not be getting it right. I had some issues with several different fans types on the first release, either maxed (PWM on DC) or idle (DC on PWM). If you set the fan to max speed, will it start up?

its the LL120, the other 2 out of the 6 are also LL120 and they are running fine. And the problem is the fan is not being detected at all by the commander pro, but if I force update the driver, while the driver is updating, the fan spins normally and then right as the driver finishes, it stops again.

thats the resolution im coming to at this point. the port is dead, since ive tried it on other ports and it works, just strange that it works while the driver is installing

Yes, that is odd and also my original hunch lay with the software. It might be a good idea to temporarily go to Link 4.9.7 and see if the issue is present. There are some weird fan bugs with iCUE right now and it's not all sorted. You can export profiles to a back up location, but I find it easier to copy the entire CUE folder from C:Users/Name/App Data (Hidden)/Roaming/Corsair/CUE and put it in a safe place. When you go back to iCUE, it can be dropped back in preserving program Links, icons, backgrounds, etc. in addition to the normal parameters. Also a lot easier if you have a ton of profiles.

Archived