Corsair Community

System Specs - Periferals & Multiple Monitors

Disclaimer: I hope this is the correct forum for this topic. I searched both the user forums, and the Corsair website itself, and couldn't find a more appropriate way to submit a suggestion. If I somehow overlooked the suggestion box, please direct me to it.

---

Hey folks!

I just set up my shiny new Corsair K95 RGB keyboard (with delicious Cherry MX browns), and in my search for how to make it do crazy new tricks with all those pretty lights, I was directed to these forums.

After registering a new account, I was presented with the System Specs form.

The System Specs form provides:

• Hard Drive fields - 6 (Six... six HDD fields... SIX! I guess those rowdy IT punks need to show off their 1337 custom exchange server builds.
  • Video Card fields - 3 (Crazy kids these days and their SLI)
  • Monitor Fields - 1
  • Peripheral Fields - 0

Unfortunately, despite the near-infinite number of Hard Drive fields the form provided, I was unable to accurately represent two important aspects of my system hardware:

1. Monitors

I loved the '90s and all, but we broke the single-display barrier like 20 years ago.

Seriously though...

While it's certainly possible to drive one display with multiple video cards via SLI... it's also possible to drive multiple displays with one video card.

In the case of my system, I'm driving three 1080p displays with one video card... which obviously puts significantly higher strain on my poor little video card than a single display would. My point is that, in a troubleshooting situation, that seems like it could be pretty important information...

2. Peripherals

Specifically, the one piece of hardware that brought me here in the first place... this spectacular, twinkling, rainbow acid-trip of a keyboard!

Corsair seems to be committed to breaking into the world of "gaming"-branded hardware... and it almost goes without saying that peripherals are a HUGE part of that world. It would probably be a good idea to consider adding some peripheral fields to the System Specs form... keyboard and mouse at the very lease.

Ok... sorry for the wall of text.

Archived