The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2018, 07:22 PM

POST ID # = 944095
ZioVulpes Reputation: 10
Default CUE - League of Legends patch update issue

Hello, Sorry for my english...
I'm happy to write here, I received good assistance years ago for my beloved M90. Sorry for my english...
Today I've a M65 pro RGB and I use it for LoL. I set a profile for it but I had an annoying issue for what I can't find solution.
Each time league of legends updates his client the path of the .exe changes and the corsair utility engine doesn't recognizes the profile i registered. (I didn't write in profile subsection cause I think is more an .exe/compatibility issue than simply a profile).
Has anyone of you found a solution?
I saw a lot of topics about rgb lol's profiles, champions profiles etc. is there anything for my issue? Thank you a lot!

Old 03-09-2018, 09:31 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 944110
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZioVulpes View Post
Hello, Sorry for my english...
I'm happy to write here, I received good assistance years ago for my beloved M90. Sorry for my english...
Today I've a M65 pro RGB and I use it for LoL. I set a profile for it but I had an annoying issue for what I can't find solution.
Each time league of legends updates his client the path of the .exe changes and the corsair utility engine doesn't recognizes the profile i registered. (I didn't write in profile subsection cause I think is more an .exe/compatibility issue than simply a profile).
Has anyone of you found a solution?
I saw a lot of topics about rgb lol's profiles, champions profiles etc. is there anything for my issue? Thank you a lot!
The path shouldn't change. There's a chance that this may be more of an issue with linking the profile to the wrong .exe file. A lot of games, LoL included have a launcher .exe and a proper game .exe, while LoL is running, open task manager in order to pinpoint which .exe file the main game is running from. This should work for any game that utilizes a launcher before it actually runs.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:26 AM

POST ID # = 944147

No. The only exe file of the game client is here: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0.0.1.205\deploy (pasted from lol forum, and is the same of my task manager).

The trouble is that 0.0.1.205 changes name for each patch (some days ago was 0.0.1.204). Some of your competing brand gaming software have the same issue, others no, others have but users discovered that tampering a line of registry about the path of the profile (this way C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\*\deploy) have solved. Searching in google I saw that corsair users tried this trick but doesn't work.

So I'm here to ask help ;_;

Old 03-13-2018, 12:48 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 944678
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZioVulpes View Post
No. The only exe file of the game client is here: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0.0.1.205\deploy (pasted from lol forum, and is the same of my task manager).

The trouble is that 0.0.1.205 changes name for each patch (some days ago was 0.0.1.204). Some of your competing brand gaming software have the same issue, others no, others have but users discovered that tampering a line of registry about the path of the profile (this way C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\*\deploy) have solved. Searching in google I saw that corsair users tried this trick but doesn't work.

So I'm here to ask help ;_;
Interesting. I'll take a look and see if there's a way to work around this.

Old 04-19-2018, 05:22 PM

POST ID # = 951159

Hello, have you got some news?

Old 11-04-2018, 12:41 PM

POST ID # = 978915
Outkin Reputation: 10

Any update on this?

I've used the corsair icue for 2-3 years, it doesn't really bother me having ti manually update the paths but if there is a solution for this I would not mind at all knowing.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:01 PM

POST ID # = 978922

Still not found anything.

Old 11-04-2018, 03:28 PM
βeta Team (Alex Krastev)

POST ID # = 978940
krazykid Reputation: 30
Send a message via Skype™ to krazykid

Yes, the path does change after each update, you need to reselect the exe after each update.

Old 11-04-2018, 04:27 PM

POST ID # = 978946

Yeah but it's too annoying. Other brands do this automatically, c'mon corsair, give us.