Corsair Community

LL 120 Fan Orientation

BAAJR

Greetings!

I just recently installed my 4x LL120s and 2x LL140s, YAY!! I have 3x LL120's installed on the front 570x case. Physically they are identically installed the same way with the cables coming out the right side toward the rear side of the case.

Something like this:

[X]=

[X]=

[X]=

They are properly connected in the correct order to my RGB hub and Commander Pro.

I have noticed that the top fan [Fan 1] isn't in the same sequence as the middle fan [Fan 2] and bottom fan [Fan 3]. What I mean is, when I play 'Rainbow Wave', Fan 2 & 3 are identical but Fan 1 seems to be a quarter turn out of sync. The obviously solution would be to just physically rotate the fan so that it matches.

I'm inquiring if there's a way to fix this without physically adjusting the fans. Since the 3 of them are identically installed I expected them to be properly in sync.

Thanks for any help!

No, you have to physically turn the LL fans on the top of the case when mounted ring side down (as most people would). It should only effect some of the color patterns, but yes it is annoying to have to run the wire from the door side to the back of the motherboard. Someone else currently using them may be able to add more detail.

No, you have to physically turn the LL fans on the top of the case when mounted ring side down (as most people would). It should only effect some of the color patterns, but yes it is annoying to have to run the wire from the door side to the back of the motherboard. Someone else currently using them may be able to add more detail.

I think the problem is that there are 3 fans in the front of the case (therefore all in the same orientation) but one of them has the LED's that are "out of line" - 1/4 turn off?

When the OP said "top fan" I took it as the top of the 3 fans in the front of the case.

OP can you confirm?

I think the problem is that there are 3 fans in the front of the case (therefore all in the same orientation) but one of them has the LED's that are "out of line" - 1/4 turn off?

When the OP said "top fan" I took it as the top of the 3 fans in the front of the case.

OP can you confirm?

Hmm. could be right. OP, switch to another lighting profile and then switch back. That usually takes care of slightly out of sequence patterns.

Greetings!

So I tried turning the top fan 45 degrees, and while it looked right [closer] it was still off so I went back and returned it to it's initial orientation.

I then swapped Fan 1 and Fan 6 on the RGB Fan Hub and now all the fans are in sync... Not the perfect fix, but it works for me! I don't see myself needing them in order for any sequencing effects. If I do, I'll worry about it again at that time.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem. You can easily check it with the "Pong"-Effect: "the ball" goes up and down on 2 of my 3 fans but on the last one it comes in from the right instead of the bottom like: bottom fan> _ | <top fan (if that makes any sense to you)

I don't see any other option than turning the fan around physically

I have the same problem. You can easily check it with the "Pong"-Effect: "the ball" goes up and down on 2 of my 3 fans but on the last one it comes in from the right instead of the bottom like: bottom fan> _ | <top fan (if that makes any sense to you)

I don't see any other option than turning the fan around physically

Yeah, right now there isn't a way to rotate the fans in software. You'd have to turn it around physically. With the HD and the ML fans, the orientation is less of an issue but it can be if you're looking for a specific effect/look.

• 3 months later...
Reviving this topic. Have a quick question. Is there a manual or something that shows proper orientation? Can I just go by the arrows? I have 5 LL120's in my own PC and noticed when using the pong effect that it was off a bit.. no big deal, I'll fix that when I fix it, but.. I have another build coming up for a buddy at work also using the LL120's and I'd like to save myself a step/trouble by knowing the proper orientation before hand. When I did my own, I didn't know at the time this would be a issue, I ran the wires based on length and distance from each other for a more clean wiring setup.

Answering my own question. I used the side with the arrow (power wire to the right), as the "TOP" of each fan and assigned orientation based on their lighting start position in the iCUE software. Lighting effects are now much more uniform, pong works as expected. This was on my own setup, so the one coming up next week will be a breeze. Doing this in software, actually might be worth considering implementing, as the only reason I, and I am assuming others, would install the way we did initially, is to gain length in the power and RGB lines.

Archived