Corsair Community

PSA: VOID Wireless in Bootloader Mode and How to Recover it

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chris Today my Corsair VOID Wireless DOLBY 7.1 Gaminng headset carbon/Black stopped working. No power and won't turn on. The charging lights don't come on even after charging it over night. I think is bootloader mode? Can you help me please!!! Software version is 1.10.67 but I cant see the firmware version? status not conected!!!

Same problem here:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello i am having the same problem but i am not sure how to pm anyone on this? It is not updating either - it is recognizing it as an invalid device descriptor?

i have tried leaving the headset for 24 hours - it was only 42% battery when it wouldn't turn on again?

Please can you help me :(

My headset froze before I even got to pair it, so the troubleshooter does not work, I'm going to wait 24 hours for the battery to run down and start all over. This is disappointing from corsair, seems they tried but failed to fix this limbo issue from the vengeance headset. The reason I bought these was the vengeance (my old headset) went into this limbo mode and had to wait sometimes 4 hours to discharge the battery in order to recharge it in order to turn it on (6-8 hours without audio)....

I went through the bootloader mode to fix the issue. Here is what happens...

Yesterday while playing a game the headset just died... no lights, no power. Nothing would work. I found the bootloader tutorial and followed the steps. Immediately after forcing the update the power came on and it seems to work. Problem is when I pull the USB it automatically dies, and I have to start the process all over again.

The headset worked tonight for a while as long as it was plugged in, which is obviously what I do not want from a wireless headset. After a few hours while being plugged in it completely died, and I forced the update again to make them turn back on...

I'm trying to figure out are there further issues regarding this mode? Is my headset defective? I have only owned them for less than 3 months.

Also I completely deleted the drivers and restarted my PC to reinstall from scratch... Same issue.

Further notes now that this has happened the headset will not power down when I hold the button or even attempt to pair while it is plugged in. Also the volume control no longer works from the headset. Again if I pull the USB it goes back to step 1...

Any thoughts will be appreciated!

my headset has worked fine for about 5 monthes, but yesterday it just wouldnt charge at all, and it ran out of power soon after.

i can connect it to CUE, but its not on and it won't update, it says please connect the headset to an usb cable.

I have done that but it still will not charge or update the firmware (i cant get to the force update part). I can only see it under device as "works normal" and it has 2% battery level.

please help, i dont know what to do now, i have tried anything i could think off

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I hear a couple of little sparks in my headset but still wont turn on or charge.

I also cant update the firmware as it cant register the headset. it says,"Connect headset using USB charger". It used to always work but not now...

• 2 months later...
I left my headset charging and when I came back a few hours later and noticed it didn't respond to anything. I started reading through these forums and noticed everyone talking about it being in "bootloader mode". People where saying that it should register in the device manager then. So I tried connecting it while checking my device manager. But alas it did not show up. So I thought for sure that it was dead. Being a teckie I decided to open it and see if there were any loose cable. There were no loose cables though but the battery had a great connection that you can easily unplug with a flat head screw driver. So I decided to unplug it and wait for a few seconds and pressing the power button (to release any potential energy still in the board itself). I did this to mimic waiting for the battery to run out on juice (2-3 days they said). Cause ain't nobody got time fo that. And when I reassembled it with all the around 7 screws I tried to power it on and now it works flawlessly again. The battery sits in the right cup btw. Hope this helps a fellow computer person.

• 5 months later...

Hello, my son's corsair Voir Prod Wireless Carbon has the same issue since he tried to update the firmware :

- No power on

- No charging

From what i have read in this thread, it seems that the headset is stucked in bootloader mode, I was not with my son when he tried the update, so I don't really know what he has done.

I have followed the instructions in the first post, but the firmware update stay at 0% in Corsair Utility (latest version), and nothing happends.

Can you help me resolve this issue, please ?

Ps : Forgive me for my bad english.

• 2 weeks later...
You can try one of two things, but none of them are ideal.

1) Unplug the headset, while the headset is powered off, press and hold the mute button and plug the headset back in using the USB cable. Then try doing the Recovery Process from step 1.

2) Leave the headset unplugged for about a day and try process again tomorrow. So that the battery can fully drain.

Like I mentioned, it's not ideal and we should be getting new FW soon that should resolve the issue with the headset not being detected by CUE.

Hi Chris, it is currently 3/13/2018 i'm running software version 2.24.35, and I am still getting the issue, could you please help me with fix?

My Black Void wireless stopped working a few months back and refused to charge. When I plug the dongle in it recognises and sets it up. In CUE it registers the dongle but it wont let me update it stays at updating until I abort it. Now the headset will not power on or charge. Help please.

• 3 weeks later...

You know, Corsair, I was told so many times by every gamer I know, Corsair has great products. Every peripheral I own is Razer and I made a terrible mistake buying a Corsair (VOID Pro) wireless headset. TEN MINUTES into setting it up, it's not working. None of these solutions work and this has been going on for what? THREE YEARS????? So I'm seeing this large, quality, gaming company can't fix this issue in over 3 years?

This is #1 bull****.

If I can't fix this today, they'll be returned, and I'll be staying very far away from all Corsair products.