Corsair Community

CX750M vs MSI Z87-GD65 ATX problems

elfwrath

Hi,

I just bought a new PC and I'm trying to install the CX750M onto a MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming mobo but I'm having problems with the main ATX power lead. Basically, the 24pin jack does not fully go into the mobo jack and it stick out about 1mm, forcing the clip on the lead not to fully close. Has anyone ever had any problems like this before? Is it safe for me to run it like this? Please reply. Thank you. Constantin

It's not safe to run them like that. however it's not uncommon for a 24 pin cable to be difficult to connect to the MB. Just make sure you have the board properly supported behind that connector and push a bit harder. It should go.

I had them seem like i was going to break the board first before clicking in. If absolutely nothing works,or you feel uncomfortable putting any more pressure on the board, then you should probably return it for another. I've never seen one that didn't eventually seat in though.

Yeap, I tried pushing it as hard as I can without breaking the board and it still won't go in. What do you guys think is the problem? the PSU connector or the MOBO connector. If it's the PSU, I guess it's easier to replace. I'm probably gonna send it back to Amazon start of next week. My question is? If it's the same problem with the new one, does that mean it's the MOBO connector?

Well I can only say that I tested all 3 of my motherboards with my 2 other power supplies and they were fine so I believe my problem to be with the PSU ATX connector itself.

I'm wondering though, if Amazon are able to somehow force it into a board will they charge me the 15% restocking fee for sending back a product which isn't faulty? I would have thought they plug each PSU into a system to test that it's working before packaging them to be sold but there is no way I can get that ATX cable to slot into any board and I'm really pushing it as hard as I can.

Hey guys, it turns out that I wasn't pushing with superhuman strength on the connector after all. I gave it my best today and managed to get it in. So it's all good. Not sure why they make them so tight... gives people the impression they're faulty, just like for me. The thing i'm confused about now is this noise it's making when i turn off the pc, like an air valve releasing it's pressure. Is that normal? Or is that noise from another component?

Oh, apparently the noise is made by the speakers when the computer shuts down (signal from the sound card) . Pfew, thought I had a problem there. All good. Thanks a lot for your help again guys (especially you peanutz94).

Mike512, what I did was to take a very soft but thick cloth and push with it from behind the mobo atx connector as a counter pressure to make sure i don't bend the board or the pins behind it while i pushed REALLY HARD on the atx plug from the front. It really does take a lot of force. Try something like that. If it still doesn't work, best thing to do is return it to amazon and explain the situation very clearly. I'm sure they'll understand. Just put 'malfunctioning' or 'defective' in the return reason.

Archived