Corsair Community

RGB Ergonomic Keyboard Please !

cinoaz

How about 1 Ergonomic RGB keyboard model? Just 1. Not asking for a square keyboard with a foam pad for the wrists either.

I think there is like 15 different models of the same rectangle form factor. Maybe we can get just one ergonomic model.....maybe just 1?

• Corsair Employee

This is a long shot. We will probably have a better chance releasing the super limited RGB blue switch again before this happens.

Do you currently use a ergonomic keyboard? If you do, what changes would you make the to current one and why? Are you a gamer?

I'm an avid gamer....and an engineer. I currently use the Microsoft 4000 ergonomic keyboard for all my computers, work and play. I also purchased quite a bit of Corsair products. I do own the RGB keyboard and gave it a shot. Didn't work. It sits on my shelf atm. Avid user of VOID headsets and RGB mice. Have a set for me and my two boys.

A bit of a longer explanation of why I chose Ergonomic keyboards.

The difference is spacing and wrist position given wider shoulders. I'm a big guy, 6'3, 280lbs. I take up space, fully admit it. But ergonomic keyboards allow my fingers to rest on the "ASDF" position, but allows my wrists to angle "outward" from the keyboard while keeping my forearm and wrists parallel to each other. This position allows my elbows to drift apart and my shoulders to relax.

On standard keyboards, my wrists are forced inward, causing me to try to shift my elbows inward to keep my wrist position straight thus causing my shoulders to hunch forward and inward to try to keep alignment.

Simple way to see this is while seated at your desk, take your elbows and touch your tummy while keeping your forearms and wrists pointing forward parallel to each other. Now, slowly move your elbows outward while keeping your wrists and forearms straight. You will notice your fingers rest at a ~30 angle and your shoulders are allowed to relax.

Wider shoulders make using standard keyboards painful. So, this is why I use Ergonomic keyboards. Would be cool to be able to have the lighted effects of an RGB, the better response of the mx switches and the comfort of an ergonomic keyboard thus allowing me to fully enjoy my RGB VOID and RBG Mouse with an RGB Keyboard.

• Corsair Employee

Wider shoulders make using standard keyboards painful. So, this is why I use Ergonomic keyboards. Would be cool to be able to have the lighted effects of an RGB, the better response of the mx switches and the comfort of an ergonomic keyboard thus allowing me to fully enjoy my RGB VOID and RBG Mouse with an RGB Keyboard.

Thank you for the explanation and using our gear. While do we try to accommodate most requests, it all comes down to demand. Hopefully you will be able to find your ideal keyboard soon. I am not saying that we will never create one, but it's unlikely at the moment.

I second this, I also use a Microsoft 4000 ergonomic and am an avid gamer. I almost pulled the trigger on buying the Corsair Gaming K95 RGB PLATINUM but I just can't go back to a rectangular keyboard that is uncomfortable to type on. Corsair is definitely missing out by not releasing a ergonomic version of the Corsair Gaming K95 RGB PLATINUM. I would buy one right now as would many others who want comfort but also gaming features with RGB.

This is a long shot. We will probably have a better chance releasing the super limited RGB blue switch again before this happens.

Do you currently use a ergonomic keyboard? If you do, what changes would you make the to current one and why? Are you a gamer?

How does Corsair come to the conclusion that there is no market for a ergonomic gaming keyboard? Have you done the research or even polled your existing customers which you have email addresses for?

• 7 months later...
I hope Corsair does make comfortable keyboards for us bigger guys. It is such a pain to lose your agility when gaming consecutively with e-sports-like games. Those small keyboards and laptop keyboards really hurt me in the long run. I wish they make widely spaced keyboards, they have a niche market here. While I do not like RGB lighting coz it distracts me, I would love some nicely backlit keyboards with some surface markers on the home keys. It is not easy to light up my rankings with a lousy keyboard.

• 7 months later...

I’d buy one in a second. Much like the others, I’m a big guy and I’ve been using ergonomic keyboards, mainly Microsoft, for over a decade. The ergo wave design is just much easier on my wrist. There is no decent ergonomic gaming keyboard on the market today, everyone just keeps repeating the same plank design.

I used the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for a long time but found that the num pad made the keyboard to wide and forced my mouse arm wide which led to shoulder problems.

Tried the Matias Ergo Pro but the separate sections would drift, and it was a “thick” keyboard.

Tried the Microsoft Sculpt. It’s a really nice work keyboard but it’s missing features that any standard gaming keyboard would have.

My dream keyboard

Ergo wave design

Detachable 10 key (I really love that feature on the Sculpt)

RGB lighting

Multi-key/Anti-Ghosting

• 2 months later...
To be completely honest, i think if Corsair made even a DECENT ergonomic gaming keyboard (similar to the Ergodox EZ) I think it would sell amazingly well. The only RGB ergonomic keyboard geared towards gaming ive seen so far is the Kinesis Freestyle Edge, which to be fair is just mediocre. Again if Corsair made something that is different from the norms of keyboards today i think it would do well.

• 9 months later...
I know this is an older thread but I figured the history would be better resurrected that to create a whole new thread on the same topic. I just recently got my first mechanical keyboard K63. I like it mostly but since it isn't ergonomic I'm not sure I will keep it around. Ideally someone would create a ergonomic mechanical keyboard that is in the same basic shape as the MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. I have searched long and hard for a comparable model that is mechanical but none exist. To date none of the mechanical "ergonomic" keyboards on the market are what I would call a typical looking keyboard with most having very original designs that would make transitioning to them difficult. I hope that Corsair will reconsider this as an option soon.

A split keyboard would be interesting, similar to some high end mechanical kb’s used for coding. If the joining cable was long enough you could fold one half behind the other for use in fps games then put the half’s back in a comfortable spot for typing. Also gets around the issue of the massive size which often is seen in commercial ‘ergo’ keyboards.

The only reason I purchased a Corsair RGB keyboard is for the mechanical keys and RGB. My preference has, and always will be an ergo keyboard.

Lack of ergo is the only reason I don't have one. An ergo gaming keyboard is an instant buy for me.

I think there's a possibility the market is there -- standard keyboards are just 'preferred' because there are barely any options out there. I've never seen a RGB ergo keyboard...

• 1 year later...
You guys at corsair need to recognize that your primary consumer base is aging, those of us who grew up in the 80's and 90's and are the orignal pc gamers. A lot of us are developing problems with joint pain and carpel tunnel, so having an ergonomic form factor is going to be a huge draw for us as time goes on. I know whoever comes out with an rgb / mechanical keyboard in an ergonomic form factor ( i.e. designed like the microsoft ergo keyboard ) first is going to get my money, full stop. I bought a K-68 and I literally can't use it anymore because I get too much finger pain. :(

• 7 months later...

Jumping in to pile on, I've been using Microsoft 4000 keyboards *everywhere*, work home, etc. They protect me from RSI, and frankly are far more comfortable to type on than the standard non-split keyboards. I have a computer chock full of the rest of the Corsair ecosystem, tons of fans, Dominator memory, h150i water cooling, and iCue controlling it all. I'd love to have an RGB ergo keyboard from Corsair to add to the list, but it looks like I'm going to be stuck with Kinesis or something similar.

Please give us a good option!

Years ago, I was the point of contact for a product 2 companies (fierce competitors) that the company I worked for used. I had been in a position to suggest, to each agent of these companies, a suggestion for a modified product.

One company immediately shot down the suggestion (same as I am seeing here for an ergo keyboard) and the other company responded in approx 30 days. They were retooling to produce what had been suggested. This was after they had done a nationwide survey of businesses like the one I worked for and found an overwhelmingly positive response for the new product. It seems to me that a suggestion, like the one being offered, would have a mechanism in place to forward these suggestions.

And for your information, I too would immediately buy an ergo, rgb keyboard. I am 71 and have several issues using a standard keyboard.

• 2 months later...

Reviving this thread as it is still relevant.

As a former competitive gamer who now works in software, I always use ergonomic keyboards.

I try to buy corsair since I own stock, but for keyboards (and in the last few years, cases), I look elsewhere.