Corsair Community

M65 RGB PRO Bricked after 3.06 FW update

emilywife

Self explanatory.

I'm under Windows 7 64.

Performed the update using ICUE as usual, after the update the mouse lightning works but both cursor and all buttons are dead.

Also providing copies of older firmwares to allow to debrick a mouse wouldn't be bad, had to go back to 2.04 which fortunately I had on my system.

Re-performing the update changes nothing, 3.06 definitely bricks my mouse.

Thanks for assistance.

You can certainly open a ticket if you like. However, there wasn't a 3.05 FW. A lot of the devices took a huge series jump from 2.0x to 3.06, 3.08, 3.21, etc. without much explanation or release notes. There are multiple threads involving an array of peripherals that are all having firmware update issues. If you've tried and struck out twice, I would wait until there is a more firm reason to push ahead. It's not all M65 Pro or any specific device that are having problems. Both of my M65 Pro survived as did an older K70 LUX this afternoon. One of my K95P glitched, but recovered. It's not clear to me what is causing the issue, but it certainly seems like a delivery problem versus the file or device itself.

I 've talked about 3.05 because i did not know what number had the version prior to 3.06.

that is the last firmware version that works with my mouse, and it works nicely.

i've got doubts that it's the delivery system which glitches, in these days i performed several rewrites with older versions and the only one that does not work is 3.06 (also tried the hard reset / hidden disk method).

The bad thing is that the newest working fw version have is 2.04, which had some serious issues with uncontrolled double clicking (issues which were solved in the version before 3.06)

You can certainly open a ticket if you like. However, there wasn't a 3.05 FW. A lot of the devices took a huge series jump from 2.0x to 3.06, 3.08, 3.21, etc. without much explanation or release notes.

It was for the CUE 2 and iCUE Mac beta. Not all FW files will follow this numbering system but for older devices, 3.0 builds should be mac compatible

I 've talked about 3.05 because i did not know what number had the version prior to 3.06.

that is the last firmware version that works with my mouse, and it works nicely.

i've got doubts that it's the delivery system which glitches, in these days i performed several rewrites with older versions and the only one that does not work is 3.06 (also tried the hard reset / hidden disk method).

The bad thing is that the newest working fw version have is 2.04, which had some serious issues with uncontrolled double clicking (issues which were solved in the version before 3.06)

Contact Corsair Support they will be able to provide you with the right FW files. If they cant feel free to PM me.

Contact Corsair Support they will be able to provide you with the right FW files. If they cant feel free to PM me.

I opened a ticket, let's see how much it will take.

Will surely contact you if they fail to deliver.

Thanks for your attention, Happy new year.

Hey emilywife, did you ever get the issue resolved? I'm in exactly the same boat. I opened a support ticket 7 days ago and still haven't had a response...I like to think I’m a patient person – but geeeeeeeez!

not so far.

I received a request for the picture of the sticker on the mouse cable (evidently the fact that i already wrote the S/N and the P/N in the ticket request was'nt enough for them), together with the request for the receipt and pay information, which of course is useful only in case of a RMA (which i won't request because i'm outside the terms).

Notice that I've had a very similar experience with my K50 keyboard - it stopped working correctly so i contacted support. To make it short, they come out with "the keyboard must have taken catastrophic hardware damage, the only solution is a replacement).

After that I rewrote the keyboard firmware with an earlier version and it started working flawlessly again (I'm currently typing on it).

I must say I'm totally unsatisfied by the way corsair is dealing with issues, the support sections seems to be there only to take purchase proof so to make RMAs, or - in cases where ppl is outside terms - simply tell them they're f***ed.

We'll see how this will turn out, but judging by the stubborness they refuse to release working earlier firmware versions (thus making my mouse work again), I don't think it's going to be solved; in which case i'll never consider corsair products again even if they were the only ones on earth producing what i'm looking for.

I also have an issue after the latest FW update, which is similar but not the same. Please note that until the FW update everything worked perfectly.

I updated the FW and after rebooting my computer my KB wasn't recognized so I couldn't log on to my machine.

I went through the fault finding process & discovered that if I unplugged the mouse my KB came back online, allowing me to log in.

I then reconnected the mouse, which wasn't recognized for about 1 minute, but after that everything worked fine.

Same thing happened at next reboot, so assuming the FW update had somehow damaged the mouse I returned it under guarantee & got a replacement, but the exact same thing happens with that mouse too.

Conclusion: Either the latest version of iCUE or the mouse FW is breaking my USB until disconnected.

Needless to say, I've replaced the mouse with a competitor's product.

Hi sorry about the issues and delays everyone.

I have a copy of the FW file on hand so if you are still having problems with the update please fell free to send me a PM with your email so I can send you the instructions and file.

Again sorry about the issues!

You sent me the same exact file you already included in your pm with the date 12-30-2018, 10:44 AM.

I mean, you said you had to go thorough the contacts and so on, only to send me the same thing that did not work before, does not work now and will never work at all.

in fact, idk if you're not corsair as per your signature, what is striking is that corsair support has done possibly everything bar the only thing that would make the mouse work - to give me the correct firmware version, that has always worked until they broke it.

Incidentially, receiving that version was the only thing i was asking for, and God forbid that someone delivers it, no, instead they come to the point of sending me (through support) the same non-working 3.06 version RENAMED to appear as "2.06".

Seriously, this is a bad joke and I'll tell you what, if corsair is so impervious to send me the correct firmware (what in the world could ever be so secret about a mouse firmware) one can only think they are foul playing it all; I have little doubts that this whole thing pertains to the planned obsolescence category, and I'm actually convincing myself that they are releasing mouse breaking firmwares WILLINGLY, because the mouse is now out of RMA terms, was working perfectly and surprise, corsair breaks it and then comes out like "well after all the memory is failed, send us the purchase data for rma", knowing perfectly it does not qualify for it.

If all of the above is right, then this company has been taken over by nothing else than crooks, who put up policies which not only are unethical, but are criminal too.

Archived