Corsair Community

H115i RGB Platinum 280MM - ML Fans Dimmer than LL

Deplorable

I have a pretty much all Corsair and MSI build. I built in the Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE case and it came with three LL RGB Fans for the front. I bought at 4th LL fan for rear exhaust (since the case didn't come with one) and then have the Two ML fans that come with the radiator for 6 total

I mounted the Radiator at the top of the case as exhaust. The biggest problem is the ML fans seem to be significantly dimmer than the LL fans. Is this the case? There doesn't seem to be any brightness setting in ICUE.

They sync fine and run the same lighting profile as the LL fans, Pump, memory DIMMs, Keyboard, Mouse et.... Just not as bright as the LL fans.

Is this just how they are or have I done something wrong?

Thanks

Well, 16 LEDs in the LL versus 4 in the ML. You can understand why one is brighter than the other. Most people need to crank down the brightness on theirs to avoid sunburn. It may also be helpful to you in trying to match the colors. The Platinum coolers are fairly new, but if there isn't a brightness slider in the cooler "settings" tab to max out, you'll need to approach it from the other direction. You can either take the brightness on the LNP down to 66% or 33%. You might be able to further fine tune by reducing the color intensity with the circular slider for individual colors in the LL fans.

Archived