Corsair Community

Problems with Commander Pro

Johnsy

Everything in my system has been running fine. I have a Commander pro with 6 HD 120s and 6 LED strips all connected properly and how they should be. I have been running this setup for more than 6 months with no issues. I turn my system on a few days ago and no LED lighting inside the fans and only the 1st LED strip has lights going through it. I look in corsair link and no longer see my commander Pro even in there or my other controller for the lighting in my system. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling link with nothing. I switched USB headers on my motherboard and a reset with nothing. The fans all run just fine at a standard RPM when boot up just without lights. I tried unplugging the fans and plugging them in one by one with no luck.

Did my commander pro just crap out on me with USB control ?

One thing I did do was recently switched out my PSU but that was over a month ago and didnt have any issues until just now with this.

A couple of things to look at.

First, get USBDeView and see if your Commander Pro shows up there. Corsair's Vendor ID is 1B1C - I don't have the Product ID for the CoPro handy at the moment.

From there, if it doesn't show up, try disabling Fast Boot in your BIOS as well as Windows Fast Startup (see https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup).

Well it seems deleting Corsair link and install Icue completely solved my problem all together. Everything now comes up and is working as it should. Very weird that Corsair Link just didnt pick up my PC or nodes but ICue now just does magically.

Thank you for your time into looking into this for me just thought I would post back its fixed now and how it was fixed.

Archived