Corsair Community

Corsair Link not detecting H115i Pro RGB

rcdsouza

I installed my h115i pro and connected the usb cable from cpu to commander pro usb slot. It dosent seem to be detecting it corsair link. I have checked and its plugged into securely and i tryed both usb ports on the Commander pro, still not detecting..

LINK v.4.9.4.28

As you can see other connections on the commander pro are working fine ..

i want to change the RGB light, its annoying have the rotating colors!

Can you plug it into another USB port? There are known issues with the Commander Pro and most of the current AMD platforms due to the ASMedia USB headers.

Alternatively, you can try running it via a standard MicroUSB cable to a port on the back.

I actually just tried unplugging it from the commander pro and plugging it directly into motherboard, still wasnt detecting in LINK, i was sure it would detect,,,doing that, but i guess not..

I guess il have to try to get a normal microUSB cable and plug it into back of motherboard in a USB slot, even though thats not really optimal.

I actually just tried unplugging it from the commander pro and plugging it directly into motherboard, still wasnt detecting in LINK, i was sure it would detect,,,doing that, but i guess not..

I guess il have to try to get a normal microUSB cable and plug it into back of motherboard in a USB slot, even though thats not really optimal.

Also, check Device Manager for any unknown devices. You can also use USBDView to see if Windows has ever "seen" the cooler. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html. For the H115i PRO, the vendor ID is 1B1C and the product Id is 0c13.

Also, check Device Manager for any unknown devices. You can also use USBDView to see if Windows has ever "seen" the cooler. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html. For the H115i PRO, the vendor ID is 1B1C and the product Id is 0c13.

No unknown devices and i dont think i see it in USBDeview

https://content.screencast.com/users/RCD90/folders/Snagit/media/17f10f10-0d2f-47bd-9ec7-8ccef85cb358/01.16.2018-21.04.png

No, it's not there in USBDView and, interestingly enough, the Commander Pro's hub doesn't appear to be in there either. But ... that may be related to the ASMedia known issue.

At this point, I'd contact Corsair support. It's also possible that Corsair CJ or Corsair Dustin may have some insight. I don't have access to an AMD system so I can't do any testing to see if it's your cooler or if it's related to the ASMedia issues.

• Corsair Employee
No, it's not there in USBDView and, interestingly enough, the Commander Pro's hub doesn't appear to be in there either. But ... that may be related to the ASMedia known issue.

At this point, I'd contact Corsair support. It's also possible that Corsair CJ or Corsair Dustin may have some insight. I don't have access to an AMD system so I can't do any testing to see if it's your cooler or if it's related to the ASMedia issues.

I believe this is related to the known ASMedia controller issues (as far as the Commander PRO goes). I find it odd that the Commander PRO hub doesn't appear at all.

Did you have any luck plugging the cooler into any of the USB ports on the back with a standard micro-USB cable?

I have a Crosshair VI Hero (without Commander PRO / I use a NZXT HUB) with the H150i Pro and the CL can see it, the only problem I noticed is a few seconds delay in changing the fan speed / updating the graph of the consumption of the PSU.

Before with the H110i I had no problem (I did not uninstall the Corsair Link / Driver when I replaced AIO).

Greetings, new to this forum so i hope im replying right, but im having this same problem, i followed the link to the download that USBDView and in my case, I see the corsair cooler showing and its highlighted green as it is connected, but to the far left its bubbled red "disabled" how do i fix this? i was having the same issues with a NZXT Kraken x62 AIO not showing up in cam and i got tired of it and ordered a this Corsair. LOL my luck its not showing in LINK either. But like i said its showing in USBDView. Any thoughts/help?

Greetings, new to this forum so i hope im replying right, but im having this same problem, i followed the link to the download that USBDView and in my case, I see the corsair cooler showing and its highlighted green as it is connected, but to the far left its bubbled red "disabled" how do i fix this? i was having the same issues with a NZXT Kraken x62 AIO not showing up in cam and i got tired of it and ordered a this Corsair. LOL my luck its not showing in LINK either. But like i said its showing in USBDView. Any thoughts/help?

It sounds like the driver is disabled. Go to Device Manager and look under USB Controllers for "Corsair USBXp Driver". Enable it. You may be able to enable it in USBDeView as well.

It's odd that this would happen with two coolers. It makes me thing that there is something else in your system causing a conflict. Are you, perchance, running EVGA XOC?

It sounds like the driver is disabled. Go to Device Manager and look under USB Controllers for "Corsair USBXp Driver". Enable it. You may be able to enable it in USBDeView as well.

It's odd that this would happen with two coolers. It makes me thing that there is something else in your system causing a conflict. Are you, perchance, running EVGA XOC?

I went ahead and did that actually last night and it worked! Finally, and now, after all of that, it wont show up again after reboot. USBDView shows it connected and "Green Light" and Device manager's icon to the left of the text shows a USB sign as it's "connected" but when i right-click im getting an "enable device" option. Before, when i had went into device manager to see if it was there the icon to the left hand side of the text was a locked usb icon meaning it was disabled, so by right-clicking it then the option was to "enable device." So basically its sort of backwards? at the moment....or its reading it differently than what its saying? Im confused. I just cant get it to show now after it was just working few hours ago.

And yes, I do have EVGA ocx installed, would that program interfere at all?

I went ahead and did that actually last night and it worked! Finally, and now, after all of that, it wont show up again after reboot. USBDView shows it connected and "Green Light" and Device manager's icon to the left of the text shows a USB sign as it's "connected" but when i right-click im getting an "enable device" option. Before, when i had went into device manager to see if it was there the icon to the left hand side of the text was a locked usb icon meaning it was disabled, so by right-clicking it then the option was to "enable device." So basically its sort of backwards? at the moment....or its reading it differently than what its saying? Im confused. I just cant get it to show now after it was just working few hours ago.

Yeah, that is weird. But read on ... I think we have the answer to your problem.

And yes, I do have EVGA ocx installed, would that program interfere at all?

YES!!! We've seen major issues with current versions of EVGA XOC and Link. Apparently, it tries to control the lighting on the Corsair cooler and it isn't especially well-behaved about doing so. If you disable LED control in XOC, it should resolve most, if not all, of your issues. Now ... I don't have an EVGA GPU so I don't see this option in XOC and therefore, cannot tell you if you can disable it just for everything but the GPU or if you need to disable it entirely but XOC is definitely a major issue.

Yeah, that is weird. But read on ... I think we have the answer to your problem.

YES!!! We've seen major issues with current versions of EVGA XOC and Link. Apparently, it tries to control the lighting on the Corsair cooler and it isn't especially well-behaved about doing so. If you disable LED control in XOC, it should resolve most, if not all, of your issues. Now ... I don't have an EVGA GPU so I don't see this option in XOC and therefore, cannot tell you if you can disable it just for everything but the GPU or if you need to disable it entirely but XOC is definitely a major issue.

Thank you! I had been struggling with the same problem with my shiny new H115i Pro - my symptoms were exactly the same as the person you were discussing this with. The driver did not have a 'disabled' icon in Device Manager, yet it had the option to enable it when right-clicking; however, choosing that option didn't actually do anything. Removing the EVGA XOC utility solved my problem. It also solved my NZXT lighting controller issue, which is ironic since I assumed NZXT's CAM (which many consider to be a hot mess) was the problem. I was at a loss after uninstalling CAM and still having Link issues. Now I just have to figure out how to control the 3 fans on my EVGA card without using XOC- or maybe there is indeed a way to disable the LED lighting control. Anyway, problem solved from the Corsair side. Thanks. I'm feeling much better about adding ML RGB fans to my system in the future.

Thank you! I had been struggling with the same problem with my shiny new H115i Pro - my symptoms were exactly the same as the person you were discussing this with. The driver did not have a 'disabled' icon in Device Manager, yet it had the option to enable it when right-clicking; however, choosing that option didn't actually do anything. Removing the EVGA XOC utility solved my problem. It also solved my NZXT lighting controller issue, which is ironic since I assumed NZXT's CAM (which many consider to be a hot mess) was the problem. I was at a loss after uninstalling CAM and still having Link issues. Now I just have to figure out how to control the 3 fans on my EVGA card without using XOC- or maybe there is indeed a way to disable the LED lighting control. Anyway, problem solved from the Corsair side. Thanks. I'm feeling much better about adding ML RGB fans to my system in the future.

From what I've heard from others, you CAN (and probably should) disable the lighting control in EVGA XOC. Once you do that, it's fine.

You can also control your fans and overclock with MSI Afterburner. You don't need to have an MSI card for it ... but you won't be able to control the lighting. Given that you have to disable lighting control with XOC anyway ...

From what I've heard from others, you CAN (and probably should) disable the lighting control in EVGA XOC. Once you do that, it's fine.

You can also control your fans and overclock with MSI Afterburner. You don't need to have an MSI card for it ... but you won't be able to control the lighting. Given that you have to disable lighting control with XOC anyway ...

Since MSI Afterburner only sees one of the EVGA 1080 TI FTW3's three independently-controlled fans, I wound up installing an older version of XOC (6.1.16) which still controls the 1080 TI's on-board LEDs (thermal indicators & bling) but doesn't hijack the rest of my system. That solved the problem. Now CAM, Link, and (old) XOC are happily co-existing on my system.

My next problem (for another thread) is how to get system-wide fan and LED control from a single interface. Today I have a mixture of CAM, Link, and the Gigabyte motherboard software. I think it means throwing way the NXZT lighting strips and controller (which I fully expected to do when buying the case anyway) since they are some kind of proprietary 5 V, 4-wire interface that doesn't seem to match either my motherboard's header or the Corsair interface, from what I can see online.

Thanks again for the help, folks. Totally saved the day for me.

--Jeff

Since MSI Afterburner only sees one of the EVGA 1080 TI FTW3's three independently-controlled fans, I wound up installing an older version of XOC (6.1.16) which still controls the 1080 TI's on-board LEDs (thermal indicators & bling) but doesn't hijack the rest of my system. That solved the problem. Now CAM, Link, and (old) XOC are happily co-existing on my system.

Excellent. Glad to hear it.

My next problem (for another thread) is how to get system-wide fan and LED control from a single interface. Today I have a mixture of CAM, Link, and the Gigabyte motherboard software. I think it means throwing way the NXZT lighting strips and controller (which I fully expected to do when buying the case anyway) since they are some kind of proprietary 5 V, 4-wire interface that doesn't seem to match either my motherboard's header or the Corsair interface, from what I can see online.

Thanks again for the help, folks. Totally saved the day for me.

--Jeff

Yeah ... there's no standard for this stuff. That said, the Commander Pro (CoPro) will do the job ... as long as you are talking about standard 3 or 4 pin fans and you are using Corsair's stuff for RGB. Check out the FAQ in my signature for details.

Excellent. Glad to hear it.

Yeah ... there's no standard for this stuff. That said, the Commander Pro (CoPro) will do the job ... as long as you are talking about standard 3 or 4 pin fans and you are using Corsair's stuff for RGB. Check out the FAQ in my signature for details.

Your FAQ is fantastic. It's hard to sort out what each kit offers and what the various modules support just by looking online. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
I believe this is related to the known ASMedia controller issues (as far as the Commander PRO goes). I find it odd that the Commander PRO hub doesn't appear at all.

Did you have any luck plugging the cooler into any of the USB ports on the back with a standard micro-USB cable?

Late reply, but I finally got to trying to use a standard micro-USB cable and plugging it into a USB port on the back of motherboard. It detected it fine and is now appearing in LINK. Pretty strange though it didnt work connecting it to commander pro OR directly to the motherboard.

• 2 weeks later...

My CorsairUSBXp Driver keeps enabling disabilng all the day, not continously twice a day, and always when windows starts.

How can I start to find a solution.

When the driver is enabled I can see the H100i in Corsair link but doesn't show my fun speed, always zero.

My CorsairUSBXp Driver keeps enabling disabilng all the day, not continously twice a day, and always when windows starts.

How can I start to find a solution.

When the driver is enabled I can see the H100i in Corsair link but doesn't show my fun speed, always zero.

You can start by providing FULL system specs. Yours are pretty sparse.

Who makes your GPU? Is it EVGA? If so, EVGA's XOC is a major source of issues.

Are you running any other system monitoring software?

If your fan speeds are zero ... did you check to see if they are actually spinning? If it's not a false reading and they really are at zero, you aren't powering the pump correctly. Take a look at the Cooler FAQ linked in my signature.

No other software. pump speed is as shown at image below. With the primer95 stress test I saw 70ºC and 1800 pump speed.

first image is with balanced profile and second is with performance

BT7GL

could be image is not showing

Problem solved. Sorry for my incompetence. Fan was in auto instead of PWM mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived