Corsair Community

CUE wont detect keyboard

Zater

Just got my K70 RGB and installed CUE but it keeps telling me no device connected. I'm using usb 2.0 so both connectors are plugged in, anyone know what could be the problem?

I've been having trouble too with this since last update. When I reboot, CUE doesn't detect my keyboard anymore and reverts to default colors (red and white). I've had some weird rainbow effects happen once too. Seems more like a software than an hardware problem.

Are you using the latest software version?

Is the K70 detected normally and working fine in Windows?

Upload the latest log file from here as an attachment. C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Corsair\HID\logs

I think the latest software is the problem. I got my keyboard stable right up until i went from 1.3.70 to 1.3.91. Now I'm having to either unplug and plugin again or switch to bios mode then back again. Not had that at all with 1.3.70

Are you using the latest software version?

Is the K70 detected normally and working fine in Windows?

Upload the latest log file from here as an attachment. C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Corsair\HID\logs

Yup Im using version 1.3.91. It is detected in windows too, Im using it to type this.

Ive also attached the log

2015-01-10T17-32-27.txt

This is probably related to your issue.

[2015-01-10T17:32:28]: Created new device object: K70 RGB; ready: 0

[2015-01-10T17:32:28]: SW Upd: Downloaded file does not exist?

[2015-01-10T17:32:40]: Requesting working state leave because of transition to Suspended or Shutdown state.

[2015-01-10T17:32:40]: Leaving working state.

What operating system are you running?

Have you tried replugging the keyboard while the computer is on? Does CUE detect the keyboard?

Have you tried disabling any USB power savings in Windows or BIOS (If any)?

This is probably related to your issue.

What operating system are you running?

Have you tried replugging the keyboard while the computer is on? Does CUE detect the keyboard?

Have you tried disabling any USB power savings in Windows or BIOS (If any)?

Im on Win 7, 64 bit.

When I replug the keyboard however I can get into the device tab in CUE but nothing shows up there its just a blank box.

As far as USB power saving I dont think I have but Ill double check

EDIT

Ive fixed it guys, I tried replugging it again and it said usb device not recognized so I went into the device manager and had like 5 HID keyboards and the K70

I uninstalled all the other HID keyboards and restarted my computer, now CUE finds my keyboard

Im on Win 7, 64 bit.

When I replug the keyboard however I can get into the device tab in CUE but nothing shows up there its just a blank box.

As far as USB power saving I dont think I have but Ill double check

EDIT

Ive fixed it guys, I tried replugging it again and it said usb device not recognized so I went into the device manager and had like 5 HID keyboards and the K70

I uninstalled all the other HID keyboards and restarted my computer, now CUE finds my keyboard

Im having the same problem. only that it didnt work uninstalling the 5 HID's. did you unplug it before you uninstalled the HID's ?

Im having the same problem. only that it didnt work uninstalling the 5 HID's. did you unplug it before you uninstalled the HID's ?

I didnt only because the K70 was listed under my devices along with the 5 HIDs

For the life of me i cannot get the k70 RGB to show up in CUE and i have tried everything, my M65 RGB shows up fine :( under device manager my keyboard is shown as Standard PS/2 keyboard and my mouse shows up as Microsoft PS/2 Mouse. I came from Razer to Corsair and this is turning to one hell of a headache.

Heres a link to the screenshot of my device manager screen

http://imgur.com/jO0SBDl

That is not normal. Is the keyboard plugged into a PS2 port using a PS2 to USB adapter? If If so, the keyboard is not compatible with it.

have you tried another USB port? Does Windows detect the keyboard?

No I have the keyboard and mouse both plugged directly into my laptop, and CUE detects the M65 RGB fine but it does not detect the K70 RGB and I'm stuck with just the red lighting. I have a Asus G72-GX laptop it a couple years old but I would think it would be fine with this keyboard.

Here's my laptop specs.

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/G72Gx/specifications/

Archived