Corsair Community

SSD in BIOS & device manager, not 'My Computer'

MilitaryGuru

Hey guys.

So after my Corsair SSD F120GB2 fried, I sent in the RMA and just got it back. Everything is hooked up now, checked and found that the drive is appearing in BIOS correctly. Went to access it under 'Start > My computer' and cannot seem to locate it. The drive appears under 'Device Manager', so I know it is plugged in correctly. Can anyone help me out?

Please refer to the attached photo.

help.png.86ccf0965bcc8486ad91507c9eb0485b.png

Can you be a little more specific? I am stuck here. (attached photo)

Based on your screenie, the SSD is neither partitioned/formatted nor initialized.

the drive shown with the black band (111.79)GB. (Disk 1)

Right click on the drive and select format. This will take you to the format wizard, select "simple disk", and then defaults, and ok.. at the end, it will ask you to assign the drive a drive letter. this should also initialize the drive (the band will turn from black to blue). If it does not, right click the drive, and this time select initialize.

EDIT: If you want the SSD yto have a lower drtive letter (ie D:\)

Right click on your current drive D:\ which is one of your CD optical drives, and select "change drive letter". Change it to F:\, or the next letter up that appears in the list. This will free up letter D: for you to assign to the SSD.

Thanks for the help, I was able to free up the letter for the SSD.

But I cannot format the SSD like you have described, as the option is not available.

See example one (picture 1) as I right clicked on the first drive the option appeared.

Now in example two (picture 2) as I right clicked the SSD, the options are not available and there is no way to format the drive. Does it have to do with the "unallocated" mention?

he1.png.6d3f06319dea6b8fe6f09fea0d2f9cd1.png

he2.png.a98cb175ec520eda9f822a2b74598b6a.png

Archived