Corsair Community

Program To Convert Profiles From One Keyboard Model To Another

Hey all! This is a program that I have put together! Note: Most of this is not my work. I have just altered it to convert keyboard models on the profiles. (ex: Change a k70 rgb profile to a k95 rgb profile)

Running one of the 3 ".bat" files will convert ALL profiles to that K?? RGB keyboard on a Windows computer! (Tested on Windows 8.1 64bit)

Alright! Now that that is all said, time for instructions.

1) Download the ZIP file from this link here (https://www.mediafire.com/?wdlqwpihad20rl5)

2) Unzip the file to wherever you like.

3) Download FART (Find And Replace Text) from here (http://sourceforge.net/projects/fart-it/files/latest/download?source=typ_redirect)

4) Unzip FART and place "fart.exe" into the folder you extracted in Step 2

5) Place all of your ".prf" profile files into that folder.

6) Run one of the "Convert All To K?? RGB.bat" files.

7) Take your brand new converted ".prf" profile out of the folder! :biggrin:

Thanks for reading! Enjoy! :) :feedback:

Side note: Do NOT run "fart.exe"

Hmm ran it and got a message saying x amount of occurrences changed, however still won't recognize the profiles even if I manually rename them. However just tested w/ the built in ones that came with and it doesn't even recognize those either.

Using the k95, however thinking of taking it back for a 70 since I won't be using the G keys anyways. Wasn't aware that there was one.

Hmm ran it and got a message saying x amount of occurrences changed, however still won't recognize the profiles even if I manually rename them. However just tested w/ the built in ones that came with and it doesn't even recognize those either.

Using the k95, however thinking of taking it back for a 70 since I won't be using the G keys anyways. Wasn't aware that there was one.

Hmm, what is very strange. Does not happen with my K95. :confused:

actually there is. You just have to add in the code to the right spot

There is a way, but it requires someone to manually do it. For example, with a profile like Knight Rider, there is no way (that I know of anyway) for a program to add custom groups, patterns, timings, etc. A person can do this, but not a program.

There is a way, but it requires someone to manually do it. For example, with a profile like Knight Rider, there is no way (that I know of anyway) for a program to add custom groups, patterns, timings, etc. A person can do this, but not a program.

the more complicated ones yea but ive been using this to add keys to some of the more basic ones.

• 1 year later...

Archived