Corsair Community

Obsidian Series 1000D Super Tower Case Question

JamesJB

Hello I will be building a new system soon just want to ask a question or 2.

Hi I am planning on getting the Obsidian Series 1000D Super Tower sometime soon but first I was wondering will the Corsair H150i PRO fit at the top of the case? If not where can I get the 360mm Radiator Tray at? I tried looking on the Corsair website but its confusing.

I did look under the products while in Corsair Accessories and Parts but I do not see 1000D in the list :( Is the Obsidian Series 1000D still supported?

One other question,is there a good site that is like PcPartpicker.com but supports the ability to configure a dual PC setup? I know the Super Tower i'm getting will be able to have 2 PC's in it,that's what I want to do :) I think it will only take a Mini Motherboard just not sure what decent one to get.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Edited by JamesJB

Hi bud.... You would need to buy either the 4 x 120mm or 8 x120mm fan tray to be able to hit the H150i up top in that case.. 140mm fanned AIO's will bolt straight in though....

Heya this is what my system will be this is what I am planning on;

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/JamesJB/saved/HBHcCJ

Now my other question is will the AIO reach the CPU if I put the AIO at the top?

What would I need the 4 x 120mm or the 8 x 120mm,Just want to make sure if the AIO can reach the CPU if I put it at the top.

If anything and to make things easier what would a good 420mm AIO be? All I find on PCPartpicker doesn't get very good reviews plus you have to refill it once in a while.

Edit;

I am tempted to get this,its suppose to be one of the best but what is your opinion?;

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/tsndnQ/alphacool-eisbaer-420-623-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-11390

Edited by JamesJB

I have no idea about 420mm AIO's buddy. Only used Corsairs versions my self. I wouldn't be able to confirm they fit in the 1000d as unsure on tube length.

Oh ok sorry :(

Question what trays should I get for the 360mm then? I don't want to buy both if possible so either the 4 or 8 should work correct?

To be honest with you I have been tempted on trying Custom water cooling but I am so so afraid of leaks,I don't have cash to throw away if any liquid gets on the MB or the GPU.