Corsair Community

Profiles going missing

z0mgchris

Hi All,

this seems to be a somewhat 'touched on' topic however seems most are just random occurrences.

I have a H100iV2 + 5x HD120 fans + Commander Pro. Previously running over LINK this was faultless, never got warm and was reliable. However since changing to iCue, I have experienced countless profile drops (it seems to happen EVERY startup of the pc). I've exported my main profile in attempt to minimise the hassle however it's still an absolute pain to make sure to check the profile is there, that the fans (2 for radiator on cpu, 1 for an overclocked 1080Ti) ARENT set to 'quiet'.

My LED settings never change, which is fine - I could deal with that going out the window because I would know my profile isnt actually loaded correctly then.

However when it's a system that I am very used to being able to start > load into a game straight away and not have to worry about it heating up. I'm wondering what the actual point of using this software is becoming.

Sure it's amazing to be able to control everything in one place instead of CUE for my mouse, kb and mousepad and LINK for the rest. But when the profile cant even write itself into a configuration file correctly (It's been doing this since one of the earlier releases as well as the latest update) it's becoming a laugh and frustrating point.

I completely understand that this is an early access software and that it shouldn't necessarily be relied upon. However It's not exactly an option to just allow iCue to run lighting only with LINK doing the fan control. If a software cant correctly save it's own configuration (It's done this on both an older install of windows and a VERY recent fresh install), Perhaps there should be an actual documented warning regarding this.

I am reading a lot of emotion, but we need a bit more specifics. When you mention a profile drop, presumably you do not mean the default profile drops to lower on the priority list and since your concern seems to be the temperatures. If you are trying to say the fan profiles revert to the default "Quiet" setting across the board while other settings remain intact, see the thread below. However, I am not sure anyone else is affected each and every boot, which suggests there is something odd about the profile or the install. I would certainly try a clean installation with no profiles from the prior iCUE version. You can copy the profile folder from C: User Name/App Data/Roaming/CUE to a safe place in case you decide you want them back.

See here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=176404

Also here and here, although I do not know if the issues are related. Using the curve tools or rounding to even numbers may help. I have not had the fans revert to Quiet in a while now.

Perhaps there should be an actual documented warning regarding this.

There is. When you try and download the software you should see this:

EARLY ACCESS DISCLAIMER

The CORSAIR iCUE software is currently in early access stage, meaning it does not yet have all features enabled and may contain defects. The primary purpose of early access is to gain feedback from our users about the features and performance of the CORSAIR iCUE software.

As a precaution, to prevent loss of valuable data it is highly recommended that before installing the iCUE Early Access software, you perform a full back up of your data and critical files.

Anytime you install a Beta or early release software you know you need to pay attention. I can understand not wanting to deal with the hassle, but then you need to use Link + CUE like everyone else. I sometimes will go back and forth a bit when a grow a bit weary of an issue. Running a similar combination of hardware, there are benefits to using Link + CUE instead. While I like the greater control over fan colors and speeds, there is no hardware playback or control with iCUE yet and the monitoring system is not quite as polished or useful as I would prefer. If you have invested a lot of time creating new iCUE profiles, copy that App Data folder out and dump it somewhere else. I certainly don't want to start from scratch each time either.

Archived