Corsair Community

TR3X6G1333C9 SX58H7 timings(?) issue

mashu

Greetings,

For the last year I have had this very annoying problem where the system is completely one-hundred percent stable for normal use and then when I run an application, such as a game, which puts the system under heavy load for a long period of time, the system will instantly shut down and reboot itself.

According to Shuttle, the RAM I am using is not on their 'tested' list, so I am assuming the RAM is the problem.

I have tried fiddling with the obvious settings first, such as RAM voltage and ratio's. Modifying the voltage between 1.5v and 1.65v does not appear to change the stability of the machine, but, if I change the RAM ratio, which in turn, changes the timings, does have some effect to which, setting to DDR3-800 has the best stability (but still shuts down under very-rare circumstances) and DDR3-1333, which severely increases the likely for the system to shut down.

So therefore, I am assuming that there are timing issues, as I know in my experience that Shuttles in general can be really poor when it comes to RAM. At the moment, I have always let the BIOS handle the timings on AUTO, but I feel that I might have to mess with these settings now to try and fix the issues I am having.

So, without any unintelligent questions like "Have I tried a virus-scan?" ;], please assume I have absolutely no software problems and then be as so kind as to advise me what the best timings should be for my machine?

Thank you.

Archived