Corsair Community

Exxlir

Hi,

I understand the Corsair H115i uses SP140L PWM fans and I'm looking to replace them with new ones I've seen, the new Corsair LL140 RGB 140mm Dual Light Loop. I haven't found much information in regards to these fans with thise cooler due to the fans being only released.

I run this system which i recently just built,

BenQ GL2706PQ 1440p Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G502 RGB Proteus Spectrum Mouse

Razer Mouse Mat

Corsair Carbide Air 740 Case

Gigabyte Intel AORUS GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB Kit DDR4 3466MHz RAM

Intel Core I7 7700K S1151 4.2Ghz CPU

Corsair Hydro H115i CPU Cooler

Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Rev 2.0

250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2 NVMe

Seagate 1TB 7200 HDD

TP-Link AC1300 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter

heres a review...

[ame]

[/ame]

i have them my self but the 120 versions, with 2 of them being on a h100i V2... they do their job well!

edit..

there will be those jump in quoting press/paper specs... unless they own those fans ignore them. real world use is what your after, loads of reviews to be found giving these fans the green for go light ;)...

I am not exactly sure what you are asking, but...

Yes, the LL 140mm fans are completely viable for use with the H115i. They are PWM and can be powered and controlled from the internal fan controller. You are likely to enjoy them much more than SP140L and I expect them to be quieter at like speeds. The SP140L is only going to provide an advantage if you are willing to run them past the upper limit of the LL140 (about 1250 rpm when radiator restricted). You don't need to. I have on a pair of fans that max out at 1200 on a 280mm radiator and this is plenty for my much larger 5930K. The Kaby will put out a lot less wattage, even at 5.0Ghz.

The only catch is the additional requirements of using the LL series, regardless of placement. You need a Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro and you must run Link at all times to keep your desired lighting effect. Otherwise, I hope you like rainbows. In the 740, it will be simple enough to toss the LNP into the cold half and forget about it.

I am not exactly sure what you are asking, but...

Yes, the LL 140mm fans are completely viable for use with the H115i. They are PWM and can be powered and controlled from the internal fan controller. You are likely to enjoy them much more than SP140L and I expect them to be quieter at like speeds. The SP140L is only going to provide an advantage if you are willing to run them past the upper limit of the LL140 (about 1250 rpm when radiator restricted). You don't need to. I have on a pair of fans that max out at 1200 on a 280mm radiator and this is plenty for my much larger 5930K. The Kaby will put out a lot less wattage, even at 5.0Ghz.

The only catch is the additional requirements of using the LL series, regardless of placement. You need a Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro and you must run Link at all times to keep your desired lighting effect. Otherwise, I hope you like rainbows. In the 740, it will be simple enough to toss the LNP into the cold half and forget about it.

Thanks for your input i will be purchasing these i noticed that there is a controller for the LED ill see what i can do in terms of managing it because on the 740 there is a LED switch at the front to change LED'S if you connect it up correctly.

heres a review...

i have them my self but the 120 versions, with 2 of them being on a h100i V2... they do their job well!

edit..

there will be those jump in quoting press/paper specs... unless they own those fans ignore them. real world use is what your after, loads of reviews to be found giving these fans the green for go light ;)...

very helpful video thanks mate !

very helpful video thanks mate !

No probs bud

because on the 740 there is a LED switch at the front to change LED'S if you connect it up correctly.

Cant use that switch bud.. LL fans are software controlled only,,

would wire up like this (both the Corsair RGB Fan LED hub and the Corsair Lighting node Pro (no strips included) are supplied with LL120 triple packs and LL140 double packs and LED strips can be bought as an expansion pack separately)

using node pro giving LED control in LINK(no rpm control in LINK though)

4qcqpWr.jpg

or like this using a commander pro (giving rpm control in link aswell as RGB control)

LFYVKSJ.jpg

sata power and motherboard usb connections not shown in diagrams,,,

Archived