Corsair Community

Scimitar Pro: Can't rebind the DPI and Profile Toggle buttons

I'm playing with the Scimitar MMO mouse. I have the latest version of CUE, 2.13.80. I have updated the firmware on the mouse to v2.04.

I have rebound all 12 of the side keys and Middle Mouse to Control, but I can't rebind DPI button or Profile Switch button. I want to make these Mouse4 and Mouse5 like many other mice have.

I think I have it configured correctly where I'm using Profile Switch Button > Remap Key > Key Function (Mouse Button) > Forward Button. See attached image.

I did the same thing with DPI Toggle to make it Back Button, but this basically does nothing at all. Also, under the Advanced Settings for each keybind, I have the option for "Retain Original Key Output" set as UNCHECKED.

I have gone through forum posts, guides, etc, but I can't figure out why this isn't working. I have rebooted my workstation, and some folks suggested doing a "repair" on the CUE software, which I have also performed, but this still isn't working.

After performing the bindings as described above, Profile Switch button and DPI Toggle Button still act as DPI up and DPI down. It is completely ignoring Forward and Back buttons. I have also disabled all but one DPI setting as I have no need to change DPI settings on the fly when I play MMOs.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gio-Cefalu

CUE.thumb.png.fa70223c6d7c2c092a303a0b7e901948.png

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=167871

They're working on a fix, it was a bug in this version. I think you can edit the .cueprofile file in a text editor (it is XMLish but I am not 100% what to look for) to fix, or you can downgrade one cue2 beta version back and then re-upgrade after you set these buttons and it should work fine.

PM me if you have trouble i am sure i can send you a link to the previous version it is on the forums here somewhere. Should only take a moment to downgrade, fix the button and upgrade again.

I apologize we overlooked this during our QA. We've fixed it for 2.14. If you want to beta test this version, PM me.

Hi I'm having similar problems with my m65 (the older versions with software dating back to 2013). Any chance you guys would consider putting a fix for that as well.

I am having the issue of not being able to rebind the dpi and profile switch keys. I did download an older version of CUE to try that but after a few minutes it goes back to switching profiles, even though I have deleted all the other profiles.

• 5 weeks later...

Pardon but I was wondering if this was ever resolved? I just got my Scimitar Pro in the mail just now and am looking at the CUE software with a bit of confusion. I would like to change the profile and DPI buttons as well. Preferably I would like them both to toggle the DPI (one up and the other down) but the profile button is grayed out / disabled.

I currently have version 2.14.67 with firmware version 1.10.

• Corsair Employee
Pardon but I was wondering if this was ever resolved? I just got my Scimitar Pro in the mail just now and am looking at the CUE software with a bit of confusion. I would like to change the profile and DPI buttons as well. Preferably I would like them both to toggle the DPI (one up and the other down) but the profile button is grayed out / disabled.

I currently have version 2.14.67 with firmware version 1.10.

The profile button is greyed out for a HW (hardware profile). You can however assign it with a software profile. The difference is HW profiles can be saved to the device without CUE running but has more limitations than a SW profile which requires CUE to be active.

Just got this mouse today but cant seem to unbind the profile switch and Dpi toggle. I will never use these functions and need to bind a keyboard button to these buttons. Please someone tell me how i can unbind these ive tried everything i can think of.

The profile button is greyed out for a HW (hardware profile)

Well that certainly explains the missing features. It also helps answer a qestion I had as far as Syncing my new mouse to my K65 RGB LUX.

;):

I do have another related question. I think anyway. Will the new Sync It software be a stand-alone application or will it replace CUE? If it is a stand-alone will I then be able to sync mouse + keyboard colors while using the hardware saved profile(s)?

Just got this mouse today but cant seem to unbind the profile switch and Dpi toggle. I will never use these functions and need to bind a keyboard button to these buttons.

He answered my question (which seems to be the same as yours) above.

• Corsair Employee

1.) Sync It isn't a name but a concept towards a new updated version of CUE that will support DIY and HID products.

2.) You can unbind DPI Toggle in either HW or SW but you can't unbind Profile Switch in HW profiles.

Any chance a hardware profile ability to rebind the profile switch buttons will be developed? I am coming from a 2014 naga and usually rebind the two buttons under the mouse wheel to be the back and forward buttons. I rather just use the utility to change profiles.

• Corsair Employee
Any chance a hardware profile ability to rebind the profile switch buttons will be developed? I am coming from a 2014 naga and usually rebind the two buttons under the mouse wheel to be the back and forward buttons. I rather just use the utility to change profiles.

I can look into it but I have to confer with the Gaming Mouse Product Manager since this is a design change on the hardware via firmware.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
I'm playing with the Scimitar MMO mouse. I have the latest version of CUE, 2.13.80. I have updated the firmware on the mouse to v2.04.

I have rebound all 12 of the side keys and Middle Mouse to Control, but I can't rebind DPI button or Profile Switch button. I want to make these Mouse4 and Mouse5 like many other mice have.

I think I have it configured correctly where I'm using Profile Switch Button > Remap Key > Key Function (Mouse Button) > Forward Button. See attached image.

I did the same thing with DPI Toggle to make it Back Button, but this basically does nothing at all. Also, under the Advanced Settings for each keybind, I have the option for "Retain Original Key Output" set as UNCHECKED.

I have gone through forum posts, guides, etc, but I can't figure out why this isn't working. I have rebooted my workstation, and some folks suggested doing a "repair" on the CUE software, which I have also performed, but this still isn't working.

After performing the bindings as described above, Profile Switch button and DPI Toggle Button still act as DPI up and DPI down. It is completely ignoring Forward and Back buttons. I have also disabled all but one DPI setting as I have no need to change DPI settings on the fly when I play MMOs.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gio-Cefalu

i also just bought the mouse today and im having issues with the top twp buttons behind the scroll wheel myself.. i cant get them off of the profile switch or the dpi toggle. ive seemed to remap the one button the profile toggle as my push to talk button but when i use it i get a beep or like im unplugging or plugging in my mouse or headset and then it stops working till i hit again.. naga seems to be a step ahead with this issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived