The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x > CUE 1.x and 2.x RGB Profiles and Profile Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 125 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
Old 03-24-2015, 12:30 PM

POST ID # = 768273
Ethereal Reaper Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestriel View Post
I'm using VB-Audio, which you can get here: http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm

Basically, it will create a new output and a new input audio device. What you'll need to do is to set the VBAudio output device as default, then set the VBAudio input device as default as well. Then, you open up the properties of the VBAudio input device, and select "Listen to this device" on the "Listen" tab. Choose your usual speakers under "Playback through this device", and you'll hear everything as before!

The program has to use an input device to pick up the audio. This could also be your webcam or microphone, or even your electric guitar if you plug it into your computer.

Hopefully that explains it. If not, I'll try to create a step-by-step guide with screenshots tomorrow!

Twa200, does the rainbow look right with the Scandinavian layout? Is there anything out of place?

12stiggy12, my delay looks like less than 50ms. I haven't timed it exactly, but it responds very quickly, using VBAudio. :)
I would appreciate this (the guide). I managed to get it to display the spectrograph for my microphone, but I'm more interested in getting it working for my speakers/audio. I think you may have gotten slightly mixed up on your instructions (either that or I'm mistaken.) You can only set Cable Output (under recording tab) to Listen.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:44 PM
QuadraKev's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768277
QuadraKev Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal Reaper View Post
I would appreciate this (the guide). I managed to get it to display the spectrograph for my microphone, but I'm more interested in getting it working for my speakers/audio. I think you may have gotten slightly mixed up on your instructions (either that or I'm mistaken.) You can only set Cable Output (under recording tab) to Listen.
Your audio settings should like this:

You want to set Cable Output to Listen, using your actual device as the output, like this:

Old 03-24-2015, 01:10 PM

POST ID # = 768282
kmgtt24 Reputation: 10

Credits goes to you. :)

Old 03-24-2015, 02:12 PM
The Matriarch
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768292
Elestriel Reputation: 14

Thanks, Reapexx! I probably got mixed up, I was out of it when I wrote that.

Cheers, kmgtt24. My YouTube is https://www.youtube.com/user/Elestriel

Not really much there, though. :P

Old 03-24-2015, 03:19 PM

POST ID # = 768352
Twa200 Reputation: 10

kmgtt24 how did u get the < and * button to work right?
Attached Images
File Type: png 95c6885fcb50edfab923fcdc8f5cbcfa.png (397.2 KB, 598 views)

Old 03-24-2015, 04:00 PM
The Matriarch
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twa200 View Post
kmgtt24 how did u get the < and * button to work right?
They have what looks like the North American layout, which is what I'm developing on.

On that note, I've managed to start the interface, branch a separate thread for the keyboard handling stuff and the interface stuff. I'm going to start building a layout loader, so that you can just pick which layout you use and it'll work for you.

I'm going to write a smaller secondary application and send it to you in the next few days. What it'll do is illuminate the keys one by one, and you can tell me what the ID is for those two keys. ^_^

Old 03-24-2015, 04:03 PM

POST ID # = 768412
85256638 Reputation: 10

Quote:
kmgtt24, you need to download and install OpenAL.

http://www.openal.org/creative-installers/oalinst.zip
Thank you very much for your help. I have installed the OpenAL, but it still generated errors as picture

Old 03-24-2015, 04:24 PM
nemoo88's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768417
nemoo88 Reputation: 10

is there any way to change the levels ? becuse when im streaming i have the music at 50% or less and then its almost non vu on the keyboard. can i change gain or something in the settings?

Old 03-24-2015, 04:43 PM

POST ID # = 768422
Twa200 Reputation: 10

im sorry but how do i find the Button "ID" ?

Old 03-24-2015, 04:58 PM
The Matriarch
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768425

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85256638 View Post
Thank you very much for your help. I have installed the OpenAL, but it still generated errors as picture
You're covering the error message with the "stopped working" popup, so unfortunately I can't know what's wrong.

nemoo88: The best thing you can do for now is to output your music at 100% volume, then use the volume mixer in Windows to decrease the volume of the loopback that you're hearing. In my next version of the application, which will feature a full UI, I will implement this. You can look forward to it in a few days!

Twa200: You can't yet. I'll be implementing a sort of debug mode into my new application that will allow you to light up keys one by one. That will tell you what the ID is, which you can then tell me ^_^

On another note, I might altogether drop OpenTK/OpenAL and move towards another option, which allows me to interface directly with the Windows Audio Sound mixer, so that a loopback isn't required any more.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:24 PM
nemoo88's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768431

Quote:
You're covering the error message with the "stopped working" popup, so unfortunately I can't know what's wrong.

nemoo88: The best thing you can do for now is to output your music at 100% volume, then use the volume mixer in Windows to decrease the volume of the loopback that you're hearing. In my next version of the application, which will feature a full UI, I will implement this. You can look forward to it in a few days!

Twa200: You can't yet. I'll be implementing a sort of debug mode into my new application that will allow you to light up keys one by one. That will tell you what the ID is, which you can then tell me ^_^

On another note, I might altogether drop OpenTK/OpenAL and move towards another option, which allows me to interface directly with the Windows Audio Sound mixer, so that a loopback isn't required any more.
sounds nice :)

Old 03-24-2015, 05:42 PM
nemoo88's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768433

tell me if you want me to change any info in the video!

Old 03-24-2015, 05:44 PM

POST ID # = 768434
Ethereal Reaper Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapexx View Post
Your audio settings should like this:

You want to set Cable Output to Listen, using your actual device as the output, like this:

I set it up exactly like that. I still insists on using my mic as the input.

The Listen is working fine:

Here are the other settings, and source (not gonna embed this one due to size and laziness with cropping):
http://puu.sh/gOa3N/aedef2a78b.jpg

Despite this it reponds to my mic as the input for graphing.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:46 PM
12stiggy12's PC Specs

Location: None of your business. Although you can find out quite easily. :P
POST ID # = 768435
12stiggy12 Reputation: 10

Quote:
I'm using VB-Audio, which you can get here: http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm

Basically, it will create a new output and a new input audio device. What you'll need to do is to set the VBAudio output device as default, then set the VBAudio input device as default as well. Then, you open up the properties of the VBAudio input device, and select "Listen to this device" on the "Listen" tab. Choose your usual speakers under "Playback through this device", and you'll hear everything as before!

The program has to use an input device to pick up the audio. This could also be your webcam or microphone, or even your electric guitar if you plug it into your computer.

Hopefully that explains it. If not, I'll try to create a step-by-step guide with screenshots tomorrow!

Twa200, does the rainbow look right with the Scandinavian layout? Is there anything out of place?

12stiggy12, my delay looks like less than 50ms. I haven't timed it exactly, but it responds very quickly, using VBAudio. :)

will this method work for pc sound? edit: I've figured it out now. Thanks for the help. XD
And is there anyway to lower the volume of the sound into the keyboard if i can't my keyboard is all white most of the time.

Last edited by 12stiggy12; 03-24-2015 at 05:52 PM. Reason: answered the question myself

Old 03-24-2015, 06:38 PM

POST ID # = 768449
85256638 Reputation: 10

Quote:

Thank you for your reply. I upload the new screenshot. Please have a check

Tags
k70 vu meter, k95 rgb, music, spectrograph, visualizer