Corsair Community

K95 - Macros stopped working / Don't execute

Gangplank

Hi there,

The macros on my K95 keyboard stopped working. The only two macros that work are the ones that open programs.

When I do a reinstall or repair of the CUE 2 software, the keyboard works again. It's because "Corsair composite virtual input device" does not stay in Task Manager. I can hear it "unplug" so to say with the Windows sounds for USB unplugged.

I have tried what is described in this thread, unfortunately I did not work: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140717

Comes down to uninstalling Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) and CUE, then uninstalling all USB Input Devices, then reinstalling CUE without LGS.

I have also tried deleting the CUE folder in C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Corsair

My Device Manager: https://image.ibb.co/e14YBG/CUE_Broken_Keyboard_1.png

I would greatly appreciate help as I highly depend on my 18 macro keys to keep me working fast.

Thanks!

Temporarily uninstall the Logitech software, does the driver stay connected?

Is Corsair Bus under System Devices as well?

I have uninstalled Logitech Gaming Software and used CCleaner to scan the registry and remove anything Logitech related. I have done the same for CUE, but of course I did reinstall CUE.

Corsair Bus can indeed be found under System Devices.

Please see attached the profile I am currently using.

Thank you. I imported the profile, and see that you don't have 18 macros; you have 18 assignments to the G keys of a K95 RGB keyboard. (The K95 RGB Platinum keyboard only has 6 G keys.)

It does seem like the fault may lie, at least partially, with CUE; I am able to use your profile and verify that the TEXT action is disfunctional, even when changing the string from something like "( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)" to something like "Face".

Now you've verified that the program launch actions work; I would like you to try the following, which does work for me. Try rebinding one of your G keys to the REMAP KEY function, with the keystroke Shift + S, and try it out, and let me know if it works for you, because this works for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you. I imported the profile, and see that you don't have 18 macros; you have 18 assignments to the G keys of a K95 RGB keyboard. (The K95 RGB Platinum keyboard only has 6 G keys.)

It does seem like the fault may lie, at least partially, with CUE; I am able to use your profile and verify that the TEXT action is disfunctional, even when changing the string from something like "( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)" to something like "Face".

Now you've verified that the program launch actions work; I would like you to try the following, which does work for me. Try rebinding one of your G keys to the REMAP KEY function, with the keystroke Shift + S, and try it out, and let me know if it works for you, because this works for me.

So I have set G2 to Remap Key > Keystroke > Shift + S

Doesn't work :(

Offtopic: Also sorry for late reply, I was on a holiday.

UPDATE: FIXED!

I contacted Corsair Support, and after a bunch of back and forward I finally got the fix I was looking for. Turns out the keyboard required new firmware.

The file is called "K95RGB_ISP_V205.bin"

I'm not able to share this file on this forum (invalid file type), sorry about that.

Below are the steps I followed:

"I've attached a firmware file to this ticket and here are the instructions for a manual flash:

1 - Please completely exit out of the Corsair Utility Engine Software

2 - Disconnect the unit entirely from your system

3 - Using a paperclip, thumb tack, or thin needle, please hold down on the reset button (located next to the polling rate switch, under the left leg of keyboard, or under the top weight storage for mouse)

4 - As it is pressed down, please connect the unit to a USB 3.0 port on your system (please ensure the connector labeled with the keyboard icon is connected only)

5 - A file explorer pop-up (check file explorer if it doesn't) will be displayed showing drive name as CRP_DISABLED

6 - Please ensure you first delete the firmware.bin file that is on the CRP_DISABLED drive. Transfer the ISP bin file that is attached to this ticket over to the CRP_DISABLED drive.

7 - Insert the unit as you normally would to have the keyboard initialize."

Huge thanks to the Corsair Support for helping me out! Very happy that everything is working again :)

• 1 year later...

Archived