Corsair Community

CM2X2048-8500C5D differences between versions/revisions (1.1 Vs. 1.2)

olspookishmagus

I'm trying to rule out why I'm getting an unstable system with 4x CM2X2048-8500C5D installed with all have individually passed Memtest86+ as OK.

The only difference is that one set is of ver1.1 while the other ver1.2, so I would like to know if there are any major timing and/or IC maker differences between these two.

The only difference is that one set is of ver1.1 while the other ver1.2, so I would like to know if there are any major timing and/or IC maker differences between these two.

Given they are different revisions I guess they came from different kits and in general mixing DIMMs from different kits may not work.

My first step would use my SIV utility to look at the SPD and check all four have the same timings.

I was lucky and managed to get two very different DIMMs to work in the same system.

The actual timings used are from the Micron DIMM and are 3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz.

attachment.php?attachmentid=31202&stc=1&d=1506067851

1699588641_SPD.thumb.png.baa04dcacde721e62304c317a4ed7668.png

Given they are different revisions I guess they came from different kits and in general mixing DIMMs from different kits may not work.

I didn't clarify the intended setup, because I wanted to discuss this particular topic, but anyway: I have 2 sets of 2 same revision modules to be installed in a motherboard with four modules.

Given they are different revisions I guess they came My first step would use my SIV utility to look at the SPD and check all four have the same timings.

Thanks for that software tip. With it, I think I will have the system run with each of these sets to get the specs for each revision and besides posting them back here (for ever might need that reference), I will see if matching them all 4 modules altogether is EVEN possible.

Archived