The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Enthusiasts Section > Forum Rules and General Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 45 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 510087
Wired Reputation: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzinti1 View Post
Actually, I did read all the rules of this Forum. I have no idea how many years ago that was. It was a different appearing Forum back then when memory was all that you sold. But I certainly do not remember this specific rule.
It's been in place for quite a while, but yes, it did come into action after 2002. However, everyone's redirected to the rules once a year or so as a refresher. Last instance was a month or two ago I believe. This means that even if you hadn't signed in for many years, you'd be redirected towards the rules upon signing in again since you hadn't read the rules since the last refresh.

Quote:
This still seems a rather silly rule. I've never flamed your products and don't see why Corsair is so insecure in acknowledging that there are other brands of products.
The reasoning for said rule is covered in the rule itself as well as in this thread.

Quote:
I'll abide by this rule, even though it goes against my Right to Free Speech under the Constitution of the United States of America
The rule doesn't go against your right to free speech.

Snipping this from TheAdminZone:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The U.S. Constitution:
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Freedom of speech from the first amendment can be summed up this way:

Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech

The staff of a forum are not Congress. The Constitution does not say that a privately owned website must guarantee that members can say whatever they want on the forums. It simply states that CONGRESS must not abridge the freedom of speech.

Members have rights to say whatever they want, whenever they want, wherever they want: on their own property, within the confines of their own space in accordance with the laws of the land. However, members do not have freedom of speech on privately owned websites, privately owned forums.

The owner of the website/forums has the right and responsibility to create, establish, maintain rules that best fit the community and edit, ban, disable the account of any member who does not follow the website TOS. TOS (Terms of Service) or Guidelines are king.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)
Old 06-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 510137
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

Quote:
Actually, I did read all the rules of this Forum. I have no idea how many years ago that was. It was a different appearing Forum back then when memory was all that you sold. But I certainly do not remember this specific rule.
This still seems a rather silly rule. I've never flamed your products and don't see why Corsair is so insecure in acknowledging that there are other brands of products.
I'll abide by this rule, even though it goes against my Right to Free Speech under the Constitution of the United States of America, for which I actually fought, and almost died to uphold when I joined the United States Air Force. I joined when I was 17 and took my Oath to support the Constitution and had to wait until I was 17 1/2 before going on active duty and entering basic training. I started using computers when the PC became widespread as there was little else I could physically do after my service-connected disability discharge which ended my military career.
I've seen such behavior in foreign based Forums but never an American Forum.
This is a sad day for me and every other loyal American.
I am truly disappointed in you.
On the other hand this is very good for us both as I'll have far less problems with your products in the future with which I'll need any of your help.
As an American I appreciate your service and your sacrifice. But, please do not twist a support forum rule into a breach of anyone's constitutional rights.

The rules have been explained repeatedly. They are not perfect but they work for us. It may not be apparent to all to see but, in some cases, the filter prevents things that equate to yelling "FIRE!!!" in a crowded public theater. We have to have rules here. Blocking out a few key words is not hurtful and is not a constitutional issue.

We would appreciate you continuing to use our forum for your benefit if you can abide these few small rules. If not, we certainly understand and respect your freedom of choice which is also extended to you to not visit the forum should you decide you can't abide by the rules. We hope you'll stay.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:26 PM
nabokovfan87's PC Specs

POST ID # = 510214
nabokovfan87 Reputation: 10

Not allowing discussion of competitors and going as far as filtering out company names is just plain and simply childish. I am beginning to not want to recommend any more corsair stuff if behavior like this becomes the norm.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:29 PM
LiquidNinja
Synthohol's PC Specs

POST ID # = 510215
Synthohol Synthohol Reputation: 103
Send a message via AIM to Synthohol Send a message via Yahoo to Synthohol

other manufacturer specific support forums do the same thing. we all must accept it and move on.
people come here for help on Corsair products only, thats what this forum is for so mentioning or identifying other brands are irrelevant to the sole purpose of this support forum. i really dont see the problem.

System Specs as of 6/17/10
Old 07-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Schindleria Praematurus
kzinti1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 511145
kzinti1 Reputation: 10

My last comment. There are quite a few products that Corsair items rely on to even make their products worth buying.
How can we know what memory coolers fit on Corsair memory if we can't even ask? How can we know what motherboards are compatible with various Corsair products if the brand name can't even be mentioned? How can we ask how other SSD products can be compatible in multi-SSD arrays with Corsair if the brand can't even be mentioned? I don't use Corsair fans on my Corsair H-series cpu coolers. I've found that there are quite a few that work a lot better, yet I can't mention their name so Corsair users can optimize their cooling. The list goes on and on.
While this rule is a good way to control spamming it is a greater disservice to the end user of Corsair products. That's us. The people who keep Corsair in business.
I'm outta here.
k1
Old 07-04-2011, 08:09 PM
LiquidNinja
Synthohol's PC Specs

POST ID # = 511148

there are MANY brand names that can be mentioned including all motherboards.
you seem to totally misunderstand the filter, if its not a DIRECT competitor with Corsair for the same products they offer there is no filtering.
if you still feel that a Corsair support forum filter makes you feel that the products are not as great as they are im sorry, there's nothing i can say to change your mind.
the filter is in place for several reasons and none of them are to deter you from buying Corsair products.
comparing products are for other non mfg specific forums, this is a Corsair support forum for Corsair products only, not a X vs Y. a ford dealer mechanic will not give you advice on a chevy, nor will mc donalds tell you what burger king shake tastes best with their hamburger.
what else can i say...
im sorry to see you go...

Old 07-05-2011, 05:25 AM
Schindleria Praematurus
kzinti1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 511195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
im sorry to see you go...
Go? Go where? I already said I would abide by the rule. I was only questioning it.
I still haven't heard a single sensible reason why anybody's PC Specs should possibly be censored!
I suggest that you re-read (or read) my 1st post on this topic, dated 06-27-2011 04:09 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:38 AM
LiquidNinja
Synthohol's PC Specs

POST ID # = 511197

Quote:
I'm outta here.
k1
that sounded like a goodbye, honest mistake.
the filter is a global tool, thats why specs are filtered as well, no way to separate the two.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 511221

Synthohol's correct. It's a global filter. That's also a good thing, as people have been known to post messages in their PC spec fields as well.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Old 07-06-2011, 05:13 AM
Schindleria Praematurus
kzinti1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 511358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
Synthohol's correct. It's a global filter. That's also a good thing, as people have been known to post messages in their PC spec fields as well.
I swear to God I've never seen anybody as paranoid as this company. If somebody tried to put something untoward in their PC Specs they should be permanently banned.
I can't even ask if the new H100 cooler will fit in the top of my CoolerMaster HAF-X!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:25 AM
LiquidNinja
Synthohol's PC Specs

POST ID # = 511373

the haf-x case specs claim space for a 360mm rad, the H100 rad dimensions are 122mm x 275mm x 27mm.
going by the specs it seems it would fit.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Schindleria Praematurus
kzinti1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 511421

Yeah, but after you add 25 or 50mm for one or two pairs of fans that really doesn't leave any room, if it'll actually fit at all. The Corsair specs are for a 27mm thick radiator ONLY. It doesn't include the thickness of the fans unless the radiator is just 2mm thick.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 511436

Quote:
I swear to God I've never seen anybody as paranoid as this company. If somebody tried to put something untoward in their PC Specs they should be permanently banned.
The filter is for the forum posts, not the profile. That's just a side effect. The reasons for the filter are in the rules and have been re-stated in this thread in the past.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 513054
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

Here's the deal on the filter. It's a bit dated but it's what we have and what we will continue to use. Changing it is exorbitantly labor intensive due to the software and quite frankly, the people that are qualified to change it have MANY more important priorities that will directly benefit Corsair customers.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:03 PM
jesper251's PC Specs

POST ID # = 541618
jesper251 Reputation: 10

Pr0n and all our base belong to us should be common knowledge :) However Point 4 I thought I would just point out.

Decriptive is missing an S: Descriptive (unless this is another thing that should be common knowledge that I know not! :)