The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Enthusiasts Section > Forum Rules and General Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 45 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 02:01 AM
Zone55555's PC Specs

POST ID # = 453948
Zone55555 Reputation: 10

Did you read the rules before you posted? Maybe you should check them again.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:59 AM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 453954
Wired Reputation: 32

Hint: It's rule # 9.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)
Old 06-10-2010, 12:23 PM
sygnus21's PC Specs

POST ID # = 453991
sygnus21 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone55555 View Post
Did you read the rules before you posted? Maybe you should check them again.
Perhaps you should re-read my post.

BTW .....

Quote:
NO DISCUSSION OF COMPETITORS:
This forum is here for the express purpose of supporting current and future users of Corsair Memory. Please do not discuss competing products or their suppliers by name on this forum, either in a positive light or a negative one. Such posts or threads will be edited or deleted at our discretion. Please contact the makers of that product for help. As stated above, their names are filtered out from public view.

If you have questions about non-Corsair products that do not compete with Corsair (e.g. operating system, routers, video cards, etc.), please post in the appropriate sub-forums. Start out with the Hardware Related and Software Related (Non Corsair Questions) areas. Note that Corsair employees do not monitor these areas, but they will move posts / threads to them from the Corsair areas if needed. If you see a post in the wrong area, please report it so that it may be moved to the correct location.
OK, I get the intent of this rule.... but how in the world am I violating this rule by listing the name brand in my system specs? If that's the case what about the other companies listed, how come they're not asterisked out?

And it wasn't like this when I joined.

Thanks

Last edited by sygnus21; 06-10-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 454012

These rules (and filter) have been in place for well before you joined. Just type in the name normally and the filter will do its job. Nothing wrong with that. Posting something to get around the filter IS against the rules. It's a blanket rule because of too many attempt to get around it and spam the forum.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Old 06-11-2010, 02:02 PM
sygnus21's PC Specs

POST ID # = 454135
sygnus21 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
Posting something to get around the filter IS against the rules.
I wasn't posting/or trying to post anything to get aorund the rules. It's something I noticed while posting a comment in another thread as well as updating my system specs. And again, when I posted those systems specs two plus years ago, I hadn't noticed that particuliar company's name asterisked out.

It's nothing serious; it was just a question asked and answered.

Thanks
Old 07-12-2010, 03:07 PM
zbar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 457239
zbar Reputation: 10

Can anyone tell me how to submit a new thread
Old 07-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 457242
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

On every forum landing page or main page, there is a NEW THREAD button. You must be logged in to see it.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:11 PM
/ New At This /
davidmsmall's PC Specs

POST ID # = 460200
davidmsmall Reputation: 10
Default "Signature Access" ? (Very New User comment)

Hello --

This is only a comment from the perspective of someone new to these suppprt forums. Please, don't even spend 5 minutes on this! It's trivial.

Being new, I just read The Rules. I think it's a good idea to make new users read them, so they can't say they weren't aware of them.

However, one Rule is puzzling me.

What's a "Signature Access", and why would I need 10 posts to gain it? I don't know that term, nor what 'spamming a signature' is. I have used many forums, with this same forum software, before, but I don't recall these terms.

It's hard for me to understand a Rule when I have no idea what it means.

(Perhaps a couple sentences of explanation might help?)

I'm going to go figure out these terms are now, so I understand.

Again -- not more than 5 minutes on this, please! It's only new-user perspective.

Take care and have a great evening!

David
Old 08-20-2010, 03:30 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 462355

Signature Access = having access to create a signature. Spammers will sign up and create an account and make a signature with spam in it solely to advertise to anyone reading the forum and/or to improve their SEO.

Last edited by Wired; 06-28-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:14 AM
The Old Swedish Wolf.
WOLF's PC Specs

POST ID # = 465359
WOLF Reputation: 10
Default Why?

Dear Corsair forum staff.

Why you always have to bowdlerize every time another company or product name comes up in the forum?

Isn't that little bit of dictatorship a ala North Korea?

I just wonder why you are so keen on that?

Sincerely, WOLF.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Kamokazi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 465370
Kamokazi Reputation: 10

It's been that way a while and it's not going to change. I don't really see it as a big deal, more silliness than anything, because everyone knows what everyone else is talking about, with censoring or not. Probably just some decision by stuffy execs that don't really understand what's going on.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 465383

This is covered in the rules. Simply put, there's no reason to post their name. It only became a rule when fanboys from both sides got out of hand. The few mess it up for the majority.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:24 PM
The Old Swedish Wolf.
WOLF's PC Specs

POST ID # = 465429
WOLF Reputation: 10

Thank you for your answers.

That some mess up for others are a fundamental issue that become the reasons to many changes on the better ones expenses.

Still wonder why.

Regards, WOLF.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Dims's PC Specs

POST ID # = 486067
Dims Reputation: 5

I have a question about this rule below.

Quote:
ALL YOUR INFO ARE BELONG TO US
Any and all information (threads / posts / PMs / images) submitted to this site by members on this forum are considered to be property of said forum. As such, we reserve the right to edit any and all information for clarity or other violations of the rules. 99% of staff edits to public posts / profiles are normally to clarify information by replacing generic part descriptions with the actual part #, or to move system specs to profiles. Any and all edits are also logged. We also reserve the right to merge posts / threads at any time. We also reserve the right to observe PMs / emails sent through this forum to protect ourselves and our members.
Does that mean any build log images users post Corsair becomes the owner of and can use it any way they see fit or will you ask the user if you can use it for promoting a product.

What happens if members watermark all images to make sure due credit is given if someone wants to use it.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:59 AM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 486070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dims View Post
I have a question about this rule below.

Does that mean any build log images users post Corsair becomes the owner of and can use it any way they see fit or will you ask the user if you can use it for promoting a product.

What happens if members watermark all images to make sure due credit is given if someone wants to use it.
No. The rule's in place to make everyone aware that we can edit / move / merge posts at any time. I should know, as I made up the rule :)

Corsair could always say "check out the cool case mods in our forum", but to directly use anything I'm sure they'd have to get more permission permission from a user than a list of rules that you're redirected to after signing up. Also, most people take less than stellar pics of their cases which wouldn't be suitable for marketing uses anyway.